The Student Room Group

2017 Investment Banking Graduate scheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by question-mark
Hi, quick question:

It's been a long time since I've had a phone interview as most places I've applied to do not use them. Anyway, they say they're going to ask me a number of 'technical questions'. Does anyone have an idea what this actually alludes to? It's for a trading role at an investment bank.

So technical questions.. e.g. what is a relationship between price and yield of a bond, obvs know your markets (whatever you applied to) inside out, what are derivitaves what use they have etc etc
Are Société Générale hiring graduates for 2017?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Commercial Paper

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, check their website
Original post by fleibniz
Yes, check their website

Are these actual roles though, or just to "register for future consideration when live roles become available" and are these Analyst or Trainee roles?

For example:
https://www.careers.societegenerale.com/job-offers/Corporate-Finance-Analyst---Entry-Level-16000MOC-en
Are these actual roles though, or just to "register for future consideration when live roles become available" and are these Analyst or Trainee roles?

For example:
https://www.careers.societegenerale.com/job-offers/Corporate-Finance-Analyst---Entry-Level-16000MOC-en

There are (/were, at least a few weeks ago) GRADUATE analyst positions, they may be done now - it is late in the recruitment cycle

Posted from TSR Mobile

they've definitely already done interviews so not sure if they're already finished hiring.

what are people's contingency plans now? think it's probably almost game over now for this season?
Original post by neosynth
they've definitely already done interviews so not sure if they're already finished hiring.

what are people's contingency plans now? think it's probably almost game over now for this season?

Yeah. Waiting to hear back from one final round. If I don't get that, very unlikely to get something. A few smaller places are still hiring.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, was wondering if it is far too late in the recruitment cycle to even think about applying for internships at banks as a final year student? I've never had any experience in the field, what would be my options if I want to get into back office?
Have people heard back from GS for IBD?
For those who did a Hirevue interview for GS - how soon did you hear back?
Not IBD, but anyone done a Asset Management case study/AC before?
Reply 991
Yeah. Waiting to hear back from one final round. If I don't get that, very unlikely to get something. A few smaller places are still hiring.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do u still have an offer from the firm u did your placement at?
Original post by makrxx
Not IBD, but anyone done a Asset Management case study/AC before?

Yes, PM me if you want
Original post by e^x
Do u still have an offer from the firm u did your placement at?

Yeah, so least I have something, hope things work out all

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone either received or know someone who has received a graduate offer for Rothschild & Co (who isn't a summer intern conversion)?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Royal Bank of Canada Capital Markets Grad IBD is now full

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MSc at LSE
For those who did a Hirevue interview for GS - how soon did you hear back?

what division have you applied to?
Original post by GeeGee3
what division have you applied to?
IBD / GIR. The HireVue interview is inclusive of all divisions you've applied to.
Original post by MSc at LSE
IBD / GIR. The HireVue interview is inclusive of all divisions you've applied to.

ohh ok...how long did they take to progress you to that stage? I applied at the end of oct and still haven't heard back
Original post by GeeGee3
ohh ok...how long did they take to progress you to that stage? I applied at the end of oct and still haven't heard back
I applied at the beginning of October and heard back last week.

Quick Reply

Latest