The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Surfing at Swansea

hey, Im hopefully starting at swansea on the bay campus in september and I was just wondering what the surf scene is like there? I moved here from australia and really cant wait to get back on some waves!

I have been on an open day and 'popped' down to rhosilli, which seemed decent but is probably too far for regular trips especially if I am not bringing my car to uni, but I did hear about langland being around the corner, is this comparable to rhosilli/any good?
Hello qpwoei1226,

Thank you for your message and I'm pleased to hear you will be starting with us in September. We have some spectacular beaches in our local area - as you mentioned, Rhossili is an ideal beach for surfing but is around 40 minute drive from Swansea city centre. I would recommend Langland or Caswell Bay for surfing, which is around a 15 minute drive from the city centre (near the village of Mumbles) There are more regular bus links to Langland and Caswell as well if you don't have a car. This link is useful and shows a lot of good surfing locations in the South Wales area - http://www.visitwales.com/things-to-do/activities/watersports/surfing/top-surf-beach-locations

If you have any other questions please let me know!

Original post by qpwoei1226
hey, Im hopefully starting at swansea on the bay campus in september and I was just wondering what the surf scene is like there? I moved here from australia and really cant wait to get back on some waves!

I have been on an open day and 'popped' down to rhosilli, which seemed decent but is probably too far for regular trips especially if I am not bringing my car to uni, but I did hear about langland being around the corner, is this comparable to rhosilli/any good?
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest