The Student Room Group
Reply 1
On the examiner recruitment website it never specifies an answer but you can look have a look yourself if you want : http://www.examinerrecruitment.org/
its not the government i don't think but they might subsidise. anyways... it depends on the subject.
an old teacher of mine marked ocr french papers for like 50p/paper but it took like 20seconds to mark haha
gcse maths is marked v. quickly so shouldnt be more than 1pound.

Subjects like economics or geography where reading is required can pay like 2-4 pounds if memory servers me right
Ben
Reply 3
Put simply, bugger-all. Examiners are given huge numbers of papers to mark in a very short space of time, and get paid a pittance.

My mum marked papers for several years, and it really wasn't worth it - she got a couple of hundred pounds for hours of stress and boredom :rolleyes:
Reply 4
They really should make things better for these examiners, they hold people's future in their hands. If i was an examiner I'd overmark everyone. hmph!
well my psychology teacher is an examiner and he sed he gets paid £3 a paper and he marks like 300 odd
Reply 6
Yeah, it's about £3 an hour. Maybe slightly more for a tougher paper. It's pitiful, anyway.
I think markers get paid a rate depending on the paper. Generally, you won't see how much and it won't make much sense unless yo do it. I've heard that markers get about £10.00 an hour, depending on how many papers they can mark.

Obviously, Media Studies markers don't need any qualifications and so are generally happy to be paid in doughnuts.
Reply 8
allbadthings
I think markers get paid a rate depending on the paper. Generally, you won't see how much and it won't make much sense unless yo do it. I've heard that markers get about £10.00 an hour, depending on how many papers they can mark.

Obviously, Media Studies markers don't need any qualifications and so are generally happy to be paid in doughnuts.

:redface: Controversial!

Personally, Id say it would be easier to mark Maths than to mark Media.

Latest

Trending

Trending