The Student Room Group

gap year

does anyone know any good organisations/companies that are reputable for volunteering abroad, especially on a gap year? looking to teach/childcare abroad but I'm unsure what companies are safe?
Original post by lockets
does anyone know any good organisations/companies that are reputable for volunteering abroad, especially on a gap year? looking to teach/childcare abroad but I'm unsure what companies are safe?

Hi @lockets

CampAmerica is a good one. I have done it twice and would definitely recommend it. Plus, it's paid!

There are loads out there and it really depends on what kind of country you want to go to. I would advise doing some initial research and then really examining the reviews and the experiences people have had with that specific company. You can also get in contact with most companies to talk to an adviser and get any of your questions answered.

I wish you all the best! :smile:

Anastasia
BCU Student Rep
Reply 2
Original post by BCU Student Rep
Hi @lockets

CampAmerica is a good one. I have done it twice and would definitely recommend it. Plus, it's paid!

There are loads out there and it really depends on what kind of country you want to go to. I would advise doing some initial research and then really examining the reviews and the experiences people have had with that specific company. You can also get in contact with most companies to talk to an adviser and get any of your questions answered.

I wish you all the best! :smile:

Anastasia
BCU Student Rep

Thank you! I was looking at CampAmerica for the summer alongside Plan My Gap Year for earlier in the year. Do you know anything about Plan My Gap Year?
Original post by lockets
Thank you! I was looking at CampAmerica for the summer alongside Plan My Gap Year for earlier in the year. Do you know anything about Plan My Gap Year?

Hi @lockets

I don't know much about Plan My Gap Year but I have just had a quick look and the reviews look great so seems like a good company to go with! :smile:

Anastasia
BCU Student Rep
Reply 4
Original post by BCU Student Rep
Hi @lockets

I don't know much about Plan My Gap Year but I have just had a quick look and the reviews look great so seems like a good company to go with! :smile:

Anastasia
BCU Student Rep

Thank you so much! x
Reply 5
Maybe if you want to teach you could take a TEFL course? I think some companies offer jobs when you take a course if you are open to paid work.

Here are some volunteer type orgs I think are recommended...
One World 365 Volunteer Abroad
Gap Year Volunteering
VSO

I would check Facebook pages for reviews.
Reply 6
Original post by paulde23
Maybe if you want to teach you could take a TEFL course? I think some companies offer jobs when you take a course if you are open to paid work.

Here are some volunteer type orgs I think are recommended...
One World 365 Volunteer Abroad
Gap Year Volunteering
VSO

I would check Facebook pages for reviews.

Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest