The Student Room Group

What is the best MMORPG game nowadays?

I am 20, and I used to ABSOLUTELY LOVE GAMING. I now play Xbox One, but it's kinda dead, fifa isn't fun anymore, COD isn't either, friends getting too old to play loads anymore....

ANYWAY, between the ages of like 10 and 15 I used to LOVE RuneScape (the old version with wilderness etc) and have been thinking about getting back into a similar game.

I am aware that there is an Old School RuneScape which is just like playing RuneScape in 2005 however...I am also aware there are other games, WAW, LOL etc...

I loved the feel of RuneScape but think it would have lost its touch if I was to try and play again and had to do the same missions, same quests, doing the exact same things again, it wouldn't be the same, it would have lost a bit of its excitement.. What is the best MMORPG game to play?

I want to have fun and I want to feel addicted to it (I have a long summer with not much to do! lol)
well there is the classic - WOW,

I really liked SWOTOR, ESO did not grip me at all, neither did Rift,
I've been playing DCUO recently. It's not really the medival setting, but still fairly fun.
Star Wars: The Old Republic has multiple amazing storylines and realistic voice acting. I can't recommend it enough.
Reply 4
The genre is pretty much dead tbh. I'll be watching this thread for any good ones though.
Final Fantasy 14 is pretty decent.
Original post by Aurora_Boreal1s
Star Wars: The Old Republic has multiple amazing storylines and realistic voice acting. I can't recommend it enough.

Yeah SWTOR is great. Not especially end-game wise, but best leveling experience I've seen.
As an old school runescapper I definitely enjoy playing it more this time round, some nice updates that really improved the game( new polling system so all new updates must be voted for by 75% of members to pass)

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd give OSRS a go even if you used to play it back in the day. It's still as addictive and I've honestly had much more enjoyment out of it now that I'm older.
Final Fantasy XIV (14) Online is great. It is available for PC and PS3 and PS4 and I think it is coming out for Xbox One soon too. You can quest, dungeon, raid and craft. There are multiple races, customisable costumes, and your character can swap between job roles, so you don't have to create multiple characters. I've been playing the game for 2 years and I am completely addicted to it. I would highly recommend it for the more mature player, since most players I have encountered are aged between 21 and 40. Since you have to pay a monthly subscription, it keeps the younger gamers away. The content is very mature too, not in terms of gore and violence, but the level of intellect that is required to understand the plot lines and learn the detailed mechanics. It isn't really a game for casual gamers in my view, because there is a real community at the heart of the game, where people want to help each other progress. You need teamwork and the ability to converse. It's a great social game. I'm even learning French by playing it because I'm talking to some French people I met in the game.
Warcraft forever bby

(Or Pokemon Go)
Pokemon go isn't an MMORP

Posted from TSR Mobile
LOL- league of legends
if your going to get in to this game your going to require **** tons of time to simply get 'okay'
to progress at this game your actually require a **** ton of knowledge of the game for it to be enjoyable. the community is pretty toxic and the games can leave you wanting to smash your computer to bits because some newbie tryndamere fed his arse off kda; 0/20/0 and now your game is unwindable because each lane has been fed so hard that every time you go near the enemy support they one shot you even though you're a full tank tahm bench.
basically if your going to play lol be prepared to learn the game before you start making any progress in ranked.

WOW- world of warcraft
i bashed that game so hard the only reason i stopped playing was at the time my friends played other games and id rather play with friends on a f2p game then alone paying 10quid a month. but at the end of the day wow is defiantly/was defiantly one of the best moorings out there. i still recommend it but with the new expansions its become too newbie friendly and that as a hardcore wow addict puts me off playing it again, but you might enjoy it as it will be really welcoming to new players.
World of Warcraft is like the gold standard of MMO's. So many people have come in trying to one up WoW but Blizzard have had years and years to make it the best MMO. The best days are behind us but I recommend everyone who likes MMO's has to try out WoW
Reply 15
Depend on our preference after all.
"Old style" - WoW (I played this since the Burning Crusade Expansion but seems it is not as appeal to me as before now, expecting Legion Expansion).

"Other MMORPG style" - Final Fantasy (Excellent one), probably Guild War 2 (not sure now since I haven't played it about a year)

"Action RPG style" - I have only played several so not much to recommend, Personally I played Blade & Souls and Dragon Nest, pretty good but somehow they don't have much "alluring strength" to me anymore.

"MOBA style" - The big THREE (according to my experience :biggrin:) - Dota 2 - LoL - Smite

"Freetoplay style" - Hmm... seems Warframe legit, current Evolve is free to play (Evolve Stage 2), therefore it is a good choice

That's all I can think of :biggrin:.
Pokemon GO or Aqworlds (they're releasing a 3D one soon, beta is out I believe?) I, however stick to the 2D version.

Quick Reply

Latest