The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Salams guys :smile: :hello:
Original post by CountYourBlessings14

Wa'alaykumasalaam. I hope you're well bro.
Reply 7983
Original post by TheProphetsPath
What do u call a muslim that flies planes?

What? (Sorry for the long wait)
Original post by IdeasForLife
Wa'alaykumasalaam. I hope you're well bro.

I'm okay, just got a flu.
How are you bro? :smile:
I'm okay, just got a flu.
How are you bro? :smile:

May Allah grant you shifa.
I'm doing good alhamdulillah.

Good, good. Want to talk on?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7987

Wa'alaykum Assalaam.

Ameen.
Original post by h333
Wa'alaykum Assalaam.

Ameen.

I feel like you and @HAnwar are planning something.. Since you two haven't been here for ages..
@IdeasForLife You thinking what I'm thinking? :smile:

Spoiler

Original post by h333
Salaam. Alhamdulillah. Hope you're well.

Spoiler

Too much love 😢😫 Alhamdulillah.

Spoiler

Alhamdulilah indeed❤
Lol dude...dnt tempt me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7990
I feel like you and @HAnwar are planning something.. Since you two haven't been here for ages..
@IdeasForLife You thinking what I'm thinking? :smile:

Spoiler

But am here. HAnwar talks to me and @beautifulxxx instead of coming on here :rolleyes: but she will be back dw insha'Allah.

Alhamdulillah. Hope same for you.
Original post by Canopy
What? (Sorry for the long wait)

doesn't matter lol i ruined the joke anyway :facepalm:
Reply 7992
Original post by beautifulxxx
Alhamdulilah indeed❤
Lol dude...dnt tempt me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

<333

Spoiler

Original post by h333
<333

Spoiler

Yh and dnt try...just a warning❤

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tawheed
Chapter 61 Condemning the world and (adopting) the asceticism in it

ذم الدنيا والزهد فيها

(It has been narrated) from Abu Abdullah a.s who said: The Messenger of Allah (s.a.w) passed by an earless goat who had been thrown upon the rubbish heap, dead. So he asked his companions: ‘How much would this one be worth when alive?’ So they replied: 'Perhaps, if he was alive, it would not equate to a Dirham’. So the Prophet (s.a.w) said: ‘By the One in Whose Hand is my soul! This world is worth less to Allah(azwj) than this goat is upon its owners’.

علي بن إبراهيم ، عن أبيه ، عن ابن أبي عمير ، عن جميل بن دراج ، عن أبي عبد الله عليه*السلام قال مر رسول الله صلى*الله*عليه*و بجدي أسك ملقى على مزبلة ميتا فقال لأصحابه كم يساوي هذا فقالوا لعله لو كان حيا لم يساو درهما فقال النبي صلى*الله*عليه*وآله والذي نفسي بيده للدنيا أهون على الله من هذا الجدي على أهله.

[Kitab Al Kafi - Volume 2 ] [Grading: Hasan-Like-Saheeh- Mirat Al Uqul]
hello Tawheed, thanks for this

however, this raises a question : if this world is so unimportant in Allah's eyes, why create it in the first place ?

best
[video="youtube;v4N-1lJ-6HA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4N-1lJ-6HA[/video]
he says filthy donkey hahaha
[video="youtube;oQrHsONltys"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQrHsONltys[/video]
Don't judge anyone

A doctor entered the hospital in hurry after being called in for an urgent surgery. He answered the call asap, changed his clothes & went directly to the surgery block. He found the boy’s father pacing in the hall waiting for the doctor. On seeing him, the dad yelled:

“Why did you take all this time to come? Don't you know that my son’s life is in danger? Don't you have any sense of responsibility?”

The doctor smiled & said:
“I am sorry, I wasn't in the hospital & I came as fast as I could after receiving the call…… And now, I wish you'd calm down so that I can do my work”

“Calm down?! What if your son was in this room right now, would you calm down? If your own son dies now what will U do??” said the father angrily

The doctor smiled again & replied: “I will say what Job said in the Holy Book “From dust we came & to dust we return, blessed be the name of God”. Doctors cannot prolong lives. Go & intercede for your son, we will do our best by God’s grace”

“Giving advises when we're not concerned is so easy” Murmured the father.

The surgery took some hours after which the doctor went out happy,
“Thank goodness!, your son is saved!” And without waiting for the father’s reply he carried on his way running. “If you have any question, ask the nurse!!”

“Why is he so arrogant? He couldn't wait some minutes so that I ask about my son’s state” Commented the father when seeing the nurse minutes after the doctor left.

The nurse answered, tears coming down her face: “His son died yesterday in a road accident, he was in the burial when we called him for your son’s surgery. And now that he saved your son’s life, he left running to finish his son’s burial.”

----
'Umar ibn al-Khattaab (may Allaah be pleased with him) say: “People used to be judged by the wahy (revelation) at the time of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), but now the wahy has ceased. Now we will judge you according to what we see of your outward deeds. Whoever appears good to us, we will trust him and draw close to him, and what is in his heart has nothing to do with us. Allaah will call him to account for what is in his heart. And whoever appears bad to us, we will not trust him and we will not believe him, even if he says that inwardly he is good.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 2641.
"Whoever has offended you and then approached you to apologize, humility obligates that you accept his apology whether it is truthful or not, and that you leave his secret thoughts to God.

The sign of generosity and humility is that if you notice a defect in his apology, you do not address it nor hold him against it."

[Imam Ibn al Qayyim Al-Jawziyyah RahimahuAllah]
"When you fear the creation, you feel repelled by it and run away from it, but when you fear the Creator, you feel close to Him and run towards Him."

[Imam Ibn al Qayyim Al-Jawziyyah RahimahuAllah]

Latest

Trending

Trending