The Student Room Group

Chemical Engineering Applicants - 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Oh ok in so sorry for that but thanks :facepalm: anyways which would u say is better for chemical engineering And why ? Also is better in terms of uni life e.g societs or sport facilities

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got an offer from brum! thinking of ditching my manc interview now
Original post by APersonYo

You may as well go, even if it's just for the experience.

Posted from TSR Mobile
How long do offers take on average for Nottingham and Newcastle?
Original post by tommylad

Heard back from nottingham after a week
Anyone heard back from bath? last time i applied i heard back from them in March so not feeling a nervous 4 month wait again lmao
Original post by tommylad

It took Newcastle about 3 and a half weeks to give me an offer.
Original post by NeverLucky
I had mine on the 9th Nov and I'm still waiting so I wouldn't expect a reply for a week at least.

Was this for Imperial? I had mine on the 9th too and my offer came in today! We could have been same room and not even known, that's madness haha

I've also got a Cambridge interview on Monday and I'm scared af for it. Have you got any tips for preparing?

How's your gap year going?
Original post by pusha a
Anyone heard back from bath? last time i applied i heard back from them in March so not feeling a nervous 4 month wait again lmao

Bath were pretty quick for me, less than a week I think? But I submitted my application in October so it would probably be longer now
Original post by APersonYo

I'd go, apparently manc interviews are quite relaxed
Original post by WhatIsSleep
I'd go, apparently manc interviews are quite relaxed

What are you predictions, I'm guessing 3 A*s, just a hunch.

I haven't been rejected from imperial yet so there's that.
Original post by BluntBluster
What are you predictions, I'm guessing 3 A*s, just a hunch.

I haven't been rejected from imperial yet so there's that.

Haha not quite :wink: A*A*AA
When was your interview? How do you think it went? (Or have you not had an interview yet?)
Was this for Imperial? I had mine on the 9th too and my offer came in today! We could have been same room and not even known, that's madness haha

I've also got a Cambridge interview on Monday and I'm scared af for it. Have you got any tips for preparing?

How's your gap year going?

Well done!! What's your offer?

Good luck haha, mine's next Thursday. What college did you end up applying to?
Just remember to speak out loud your faults. It's alright to make silly mistakes and interviewers will know you're nervous (I said that there were 60 seconds in an hour last year :lol:) but don't let it phase you and keep going.
As far as prep, as long as you've kept up with your normal work, you should be fine. Honestly, they don't expect you to have revised hours for it and the prep usually doesn't help much anyway. Treat it as a supervision, the interviewers will try make it fun and keep you relaxed.

My gap year is going well thanks. Time seems to have passed so quickly. Can't believe it's almost Christmas hahaha
Original post by NeverLucky
Well done!! What's your offer?

Good luck haha, mine's next Thursday. What college did you end up applying to?
Just remember to speak out loud your faults. It's alright to make silly mistakes and interviewers will know you're nervous (I said that there were 60 seconds in an hour last year :lol:) but don't let it phase you and keep going.
As far as prep, as long as you've kept up with your normal work, you should be fine. Honestly, they don't expect you to have revised hours for it and the prep usually doesn't help much anyway. Treat it as a supervision, the interviewers will try make it fun and keep you relaxed.

My gap year is going well thanks. Time seems to have passed so quickly. Can't believe it's almost Christmas hahaha

A*A*AA, tbh after saying the density of water was 55.5 (I was thinking about the concentration lool) I thought I was gonna get rejected 😂

Ah, that seems OK then, I feel like I should go over some of the further maths I put on my SAQ (WHY DID I MENTION HYPERBOLIC FUNCTIONS) but apart from that I feel totally unprepared haha.

I feel like after Christmas, the year goes so fast, not long until May :frown:( (ofc you have nothing to worry about haha)
A*A*AA, tbh after saying the density of water was 55.5 (I was thinking about the concentration lool) I thought I was gonna get rejected 😂

Ah, that seems OK then, I feel like I should go over some of the further maths I put on my SAQ (WHY DID I MENTION HYPERBOLIC FUNCTIONS) but apart from that I feel totally unprepared haha.

I feel like after Christmas, the year goes so fast, not long until May :frown:( (ofc you have nothing to worry about haha)

Well done on the imperial offer! Did u revise any chemistry before hand?
lol imperial is still giving low offers
Has anyone received an offer yet from Edinburgh for chemeng, if yes how long did it take and what did they ask also is it for first year entry or second :yep:
Original post by lai812matthew
lol imperial is still giving low offers

A*A*AA should be the majority of offers isn't it
A*A*A*A is a bit too harsh while A*A*A is a bit too easy:tongue:
Original post by ML8020
A*A*AA should be the majority of offers isn't it
A*A*A*A is a bit too harsh while A*A*A is a bit too easy:tongue:

they give 3A* offer for 3 subjects. and people start to complain about too much inadequate students in the course
Original post by lai812matthew
they give 3A* offer for 3 subjects. and people start to complain about too much inadequate students in the course

Fair enough. It's reasonable that the 3 subject offers should have a higher grade requirement than the 4 subject ones as the additional workload of an extra subject is huge, especially when it's a "hard" subject like FM/Phy/Bio.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest