The Student Room Group

Chemical Engineering Applicants - 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Im going to strathclydes visit day for chemeng in 8th of february its from 2pm to 4pm is anyone else going ?
Has anyone been to the engineering foundation year academic assessment and visit day at manchester uni and what did you have to wear ? What were you tested on ?
Original post by Garvey1998
i guess no news is good news then. i did apply in january too so i havent given them much time

they probs handle their applications in batches and yours hasn't come up yet. But I'm positive they are one of the unis who literally stick a cut off line to get rid of a high percentage and then wade through what's left; so I don't think you should worry and just wait for the reply.
Original post by NeverLucky
Nah the alternative is to go home and cry in your bed when you realise you'll spend the rest of your entire life working until you retire at which point you reflect on your life and realise you didn't manage to do half the things you wanted to do in your life :smile:

Make a movie about it, starring middle age andrew garfield where you spend your retirement years spending time with your family and doing some incredible ****. Money wouldn't be a problem.
Anyone going to the University of edinbirgh information evening in london on 14th march
Original post by AEFRGF
Has anyone been to the engineering foundation year academic assessment and visit day at manchester uni and what did you have to wear ? What were you tested on ?

I'm going on 8th March; what other unis you looking at buddy.
Loughborough beng waiting
Edinburgh offer AAA
Starthclyde offer ABB one less than standard
Heriot-Watt offer BBC one less than standard
Going manchester academic interview on 22nd of February
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
To the people who got offers from Imperial, how long exactly did it take for them to respond after the interview?
Original post by masonetiainen
To the people who got offers from Imperial, how long exactly did it take for them to respond after the interview?

Haven't had my interview yet but 5 people I know for chem and mech eng heard back around 2 weeks later
Original post by Nc1999
Haven't had my interview yet but 5 people I know for chem and mech eng heard back around 2 weeks later

Thank you, good luck with your interview. Is it the February one?
Thank you, good luck with your interview. Is it the February one?

Literally tomorrow haha, thank you so much! When was yours?
Oh gosh haha, I hope you're not too nervous. Do you have to travel far? Mine was on the 18th January, so it'll be 2 weeks tomorrow since I had the interview.
(edited 7 years ago)
Oh gosh haha, I hope you're not too nervous. Do you have to travel far? Mine was on the 18th January, so it'll be 2 weeks tomorrow since I had the interview.

I'm so nervous! Nope, imperial's only one stop on the tube for me. And no way, I had the option between 18th January and 1st Feb so I chose the latter
Original post by Nc1999
I'm so nervous! Nope, imperial's only one stop on the tube for me. And no way, I had the option between 18th January and 1st Feb so I chose the latter

My interviewer was really kind and interesting, so try not to worry about it, although I know saying that won't help much, I'm sure it will be fine. That's not too bad then, I travelled from Newcastle the day before so I got to see London a bit, I like that the university is in such a nice area. Where else did you apply?
My interviewer was really kind and interesting, so try not to worry about it, although I know saying that won't help much, I'm sure it will be fine. That's not too bad then, I travelled from Newcastle the day before so I got to see London a bit, I like that the university is in such a nice area. Where else did you apply?

Hopefully I'll come out thinking the same thing! Ah South Ken is so vibrant, it's so close to all the museums and the main attractions of London(never been to Newcastle). UCL, bath, Manchester and Nottingham. And you?
Original post by Nc1999
Hopefully I'll come out thinking the same thing! Ah South Ken is so vibrant, it's so close to all the museums and the main attractions of London(never been to Newcastle). UCL, bath, Manchester and Nottingham. And you?

Yeah, the museums were really impressive. Newcastle is not that interesting by comparison haha. I applied to Cambridge (rejected for the 2nd time lol), Bath, Manchester and Durham (accepted) and just waiting on Imperial now haha. got any offers?
Yeah, the museums were really impressive. Newcastle is not that interesting by comparison haha. I applied to Cambridge (rejected for the 2nd time lol), Bath, Manchester and Durham (accepted) and just waiting on Imperial now haha. got any offers?

Wahey we have 3 similar unis!! And Cambridge isn't everything anyway. I've got offers from all except UCL and imperial, what's your first choice?
Original post by Nc1999
Wahey we have 3 similar unis!! And Cambridge isn't everything anyway. I've got offers from all except UCL and imperial, what's your first choice?

Yeah, I'm not too bothered. I'm glad the UK has Imperial as well, I think I'd firm Imperial if I got an offer, what about you? If I change my mind and decide to do maths then I'll go to Durham haha, but that's highly unlikely, chemical engineering seems like the degree for me. I didn't apply to UCL as I heard bad things about it but I recently saw something about a course overhaul or something.
has anyone heard anything back from UCL?:s-smilie:
Original post by petradacey
has anyone heard anything back from UCL?:s-smilie:

Yeah there's a post offer applicant day today. My offer is AAA but dw, just hold on.

Quick Reply

Latest