The Student Room Group

Will it be worth it?

I've been pretty set on going to uni and studying law for a while now. But now I'm having second thoughts. The thing is I'm really good at business, and I enjoy it a lot too. Now I'm wondering, if I do go on to study law, will I enjoy it? Do you think it's worth it? Can I pursue a career in business with a law undergraduate degree? Finally, if anyone is studying business management or international management, how is it? Do yo enjoy it? What kind of stuff is involved in the course? Thanks!
What s the reason of you doing law if you like business more?
Reply 2
Original post by Charlie Mate
What s the reason of you doing law if you like business more?

Well I will have done business studies for three years at the end of sixth form (GCSE one year, a level two years) so I'd just like to do something different and I've been interested in law for quite some now x
If you really want to do business in the future, you can. A businessman or woman doesn't require a degree to be called one. Of course you can pursue the business route after your law degree but it depends on the route you are taking. I have always been wanting to become an entrepreneur. Instead of pursuing a business degree in uni, i chose the law path. There are many law paths as you know presumably; solicitor,barrister and legal executive. I did foundation in law which consisted of economics, law and business beforehand. And i found these subjects to be interesting. How do you find the course so far now that you are in uni? You can in fact continue doing another degree in business if you are worried. But i would advise you to worry less since some aspect of laws touch on business. Being lawyers could mean marketing a service or helping your clients to get business which in turn give yourself a business. If and only if you find it boring, then consider starting your own business. Note: many business minded individuals have a law degree. It helps with everything from signing contract to closing a deal with the fluency of your language.
How about a degree in business and law?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending