The Student Room Group

Uni

Can you possibly be over-educated for certain jobs? I have heard that some companies will not employ you if your qualifications are too high for a given job position.

Another, a little bit more specific question..
If someone finishes IT course at uni, would this person be allowed to work in IT call centre? The employee's duties would include answering phone calls from customers with broken computers, etc.
Yes you can be overqualified because you will command a higher salary which companies don't want to pay. Check what the entry requirements are for jobs you're interested in.
Original post by black and mellow

If someone finishes IT course at uni, would this person be allowed to work in IT call centre? The employee's duties would include answering phone calls from customers with broken computers, etc.

Why would you go to university if this is your ultimate goal? Seems like a lot of wasted time and money to me and you won't gain any skills in fixing PCs at university.

That said - I am sure call centres employ graduates.

Good luck!
Original post by ByEeek
Why would you go to university if this is your ultimate goal? Seems like a lot of wasted time and money to me and you won't gain any skills in fixing PCs at university.

That said - I am sure call centres employ graduates.

Good luck!

Thank you a lot for your helpful answer. I would like to work in IT call centre, but going to university could become a gate that leads to even better career path. I may have a tad bigger ambitions than working in IT call centre, this is why I try to 'secure' my future by going to uni.
Just don't tell them your 'over qualifications' if it's a worry, but i've never heard of someone actually being refused a job because of over qualified, as long as the salary you negotiate is more within their terms than yours

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending