The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

caught in the middle

hello
i have manchester as my firm and nottingham as my insurance, i have missed manchester but got nottingham. thing is manchester want me to wait till alevels in august so they can give me their definite no/yes. nottingham on the other hand need me to accept them in order for me to apply to accommodation. applying after august 1 looses me my gaurantee.

what can i do now? im caught in the middle
and also have the accommodation places been allocated already or still because im REALLY afraid of not getting accommodation adn for me thats a big no no

1 so what can i do with manchester?
2 can i email them to release me?
3 would i get an unconditionl if manchester reject me? (nottingham have my results and ive met the conditions)
4 and are my chances low in getting into accommodation like BGP by now?

please reply im in DEEEP S*** here

best regards
hashem
I know exactly how you are feeling. The one thing that I disliked was the fact that Nottingham wouldn't budge until I made them my firm choice.

If I were you I would call Nottingham Hospitality, and ask them about Broadgate Park. I found that speaking to them on the phone took me a lot further than emails. Sometimes they didn't even reply. The chances of finding a place to live depends on the choice of room you are looking for. If you want a studio, then the ones allocated to undergrads have already been taken, or so they told me. You might get a chance to live with post graduates if that isn't an issue for you.

I don't know about emailing Manchester to release you, but once again, I would call them rather than email. You can get faster and specific answers.

When it comes down to studies, Nottingham is an amazing uni, and tends to be noted for its ranking. Then again, you need to think about your personal needs. Do you want to go to a place that you know is more lively than the other, has more arabs, and so forth...then that is Man. The opposite would be Nottingham of course. Still, I am sure there is tons to do in Nottingham. I haven't seen the place yet, but i've got great feedback. Also bare in mind Man. is more expensive than Nottingham.

Call in Nottingham, ask them when the final date to decide would be, considering you are an international student. Also make the accommodation people aware of the fact that you are an international student too.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Call the Accommodation Office (0115 9513699) rather than Nottingham Hospitality, as they actually deal with room allocation.
Reply 3
Dont worry about waiting until results day to apply for accommodation. You might actually get more of a choice then, as all the people who did not meet their offers rooms become available. If you want to wait until results day dont worry about it. Notts was my insurance and i still managed to get onto university park, single study.
Reply 4
Hashem
hello
i have manchester as my firm and nottingham as my insurance, i have missed manchester but got nottingham. thing is manchester want me to wait till alevels in august so they can give me their definite no/yes. nottingham on the other hand need me to accept them in order for me to apply to accommodation. applying after august 1 looses me my gaurantee.

what can i do now? im caught in the middle
and also have the accommodation places been allocated already or still because im REALLY afraid of not getting accommodation adn for me thats a big no no

1 so what can i do with manchester?
2 can i email them to release me?
3 would i get an unconditionl if manchester reject me? (nottingham have my results and ive met the conditions)
4 and are my chances low in getting into accommodation like BGP by now?

please reply im in DEEEP S*** here

best regards
hashem

Well, if Manchester told you to wait til results day, it must mean that they definitely really want you, or they would've rejected you already.

Don't worry about accoms - you should be fine. I mean, tonnes of people get through on Clearing and they've managed to find accoms, haven't they? If I were you I'd wait til results day. You might as well get into your firm choice if you can rather than take your insurance.

And self-catered campuses are less popular, so there's a higher chance of you getting in there. We have 5 campuses - you're bound to find somewhere.
Reply 5
thank you all for you answers
turns out that both Nottingham and Manchester did not recieve my results in the first place. UCAS recieved them but are only forwarding them at one time with the A-levels. instead i have to give them my login information if i want an answer now, information that my coordinator refused to give me (like id steal it or something its already mine)
so im currently at the stage of hammering him for it and hopefully id get the results to both universities by the time he gives up then id believe that both universities would start moving on the issue themselves when they have the results

anyways thank you all, ofcourse if you want ill update my story:p:
Reply 6
Call manchester, and tell them your predicament. You never know, they might hurry up and give you an offer :smile:
dont worry about accom there is soo much available you wont miss out! Also where do u really want to go, if its manchester wait, but if its notts then why bother plus the notts business sch is much better than mancs.

Latest

Trending

Trending