The Student Room Group

Plagiarism - GCSE English Speaking

I'm currently in Year 10 about to do my English Speaking, and my speech is mostly associated with a Ted Talk I watched. I changed one or two paragraphs to fit the time restraint and to make it more personal for me, but the narrative of the speech is still the same.

Would I get penalised or caught out for this?
Is this for the mock, or real thing?
Reply 2
It's the real thing
Original post by Hazzabear
Is this for the mock, or real thing?
Reply 3
You're not allowed to copy other people's work. Just create your own; it's more honest, you'll feel better about it and your class will appreciate it more. It seems to me that if you got sprung, it'd be embarrassing. Why bother?
Hi that sounds kind of risky to me, what if your teacher or another student in your class has seen that ted talk and think "hmm, something sounds familiar here...". I don't know about you, but some people at my school were recorded doing their speeches and if your speech is recorded to the exam board to be moderated and they pick something up that's not quite right, you'd be in a lot of trouble.

When are you doing your speech, do you have time to change it? I suppose you don't have to change the whole thing, it depends how similar your speech is to the ted talk.
Original post by tastish
I'm currently in Year 10 about to do my English Speaking, and my speech is mostly associated with a Ted Talk I watched. I changed one or two paragraphs to fit the time restraint and to make it more personal for me, but the narrative of the speech is still the same.

Would I get penalised or caught out for this?

Did you get caught for plagiarism?
Did u get caught??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending