The Student Room Group

A-levels after a level 3 btec

Hi guys hoping someone could help me out. I've just finished college studying a level 3 btec so I am 18. I applied to uni but I don't get enough ucas points (120 points) to get into uni like I wanted so I need to go back to college for a year or 2 to get more ucas points. My question is will I be able to study AS/ a-levels now after I have already done a level 3 Btec? If so will I have to pay for it?
Original post by Joaquin98
Hi guys hoping someone could help me out. I've just finished college studying a level 3 btec so I am 18. I applied to uni but I don't get enough ucas points (120 points) to get into uni like I wanted so I need to go back to college for a year or 2 to get more ucas points. My question is will I be able to study AS/ a-levels now after I have already done a level 3 Btec? If so will I have to pay for it?

You should speak to your local college to find out what they'll offer and what will be available for free (if you're under 19 when you start then you should be ok but your college will have a better understanding of the funding situation).

For universities you should ask them directly which qualifications they would recommend you take for the best chance of an offer. Remember with UCAS tariff points only the highest tariff in each subject applies - so if you take an A level in the same subject as your BTEC then only the qualification with the highest score would count - the rest would be ignored.

Quick Reply

Latest