The Student Room Group

Gap year Resitting GCSE maths

Would it be worth resitting GCSE maths , I currently have a grade C so would this ever limit me in the future? I'm sure I could get an A or B comfortably now but am wandering if it's worth it as I've git my unconditional offer for economics. The uni require a grade B but made an exception for me. Should I do the obvious thing and except or would it be worth taking a whole year out as getting an A or B would benifit me in the future?

Many thanks
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by alexp98
Would it be worth resitting GCSE maths , I currently have a grade C so would this ever limit me in the future? I'm sure I could get an A or B now but am wandering if it's worth it as I've git my unconditional offer for economics, the uni require a grade B but made an exception for me. Should I do the obvious thing and except or would it be worth taking a whole year out as getting an A or B would be idiot me in the future

Many thanks

Honestly for the most part, i can't see a C doing you any harm :smile:
Accept it you sausage.
Reply 3
Original post by Hamo2509
Accept it you sausage.

Thanks it's university of Leicester which is ranked great for econ as well I was just worried that c would hold me back in the future
Reply 4
Original post by claireestelle
Honestly for the most part, i can't see a C doing you any harm :smile:

Thanks yeah, content wise I know I'll be fine cause I'm actually good with maths now so the only problem I was worried about was future but most people say they won't even look at GCSE grades as its just presumed with the course you're bound to be good with numerical data. Think I'll accept then
Original post by alexp98
Thanks yeah, content wise I know I'll be fine cause I'm actually good with maths now so the only problem I was worried about was future but most people say they won't even look at GCSE grades as its just presumed with the course you're bound to be good with numerical data. Think I'll accept then

No problem, i think once you get your degree as long as you meet the minimum requirements for most fields it doesnt matter.
Reply 6
Original post by claireestelle
No problem, i think once you get your degree as long as you meet the minimum requirements for most fields it doesnt matter.

Thanks this is what I thought :smile: plus if they make an exception and except me I'm sure it shows I'm ready to do well on course and grad opportunities anyway

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending