The Student Room Group
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth

Freshers Week & Shyness

Hi Guys,

I'm starting Uni in Portsmouth in September. I'm a pretty shy person.. not great at meeting new people!

Anyone else like this going to Portsmouth????

Thanks
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by brg1997
Hi Guys,

I'm starting Uni in Portsmouth in September. I'm a pretty shy person.. not great at meeting new people!

Anyone else like this going to Portsmouth????

Thanks

Hey there I'm going to Portsmouth this September as well to do international relations but also like you I do get pretty shy when people around me are more out going. I think it's easier sometimes to just take a deep breathe and go in with an open mind because I think everyone is definitely trying to impress other people that they might be with for 3 years. So dont worry too much, if you are scared. Us shy people can have each other back:wink:
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth
Hiya,

I know how you feel: I always struggle with talking to new people. I would recommend joining the Portsmouth freshers group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1704117349817620/ People are really friendly and it's an easy way to get to know people from the safety of the internet before freshers week!

I've also joined a chat group of 8 of us for my course, Film Production. We've been chatting for about a month and have got on really well and even started skyping- it's definitely made me less nervous about coming in September!

All the best:smile:
Izzy
Uni's calm, its like ncs loool, so easy to make friends. Message me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending