The Student Room Group

What are AAA-AAB economics unis?

If go to a moderate uni after I complete my degree will I be able to do a masters at a better uni?
The challenge is not getting offers. If you study econ at an AAA-AAB uni and are predicted a 2:1 or are at an ABB-BBB uni and are predicted a 1st I would expect you to get offers from Top 5 unis such as warwick. The constraint on applicants are financial not academic. And I know Warwick has a target intake of about 100 and ends up with about 80-90.

Issue is how well you do once you get there. The material taught at undergraduate varies as you go down the table and is no longer a good preparation for msc.

What are the AAA-AAB universities that this passage points to?
Reply 1
Original post by longshanksbow
If go to a moderate uni after I complete my degree will I be able to do a masters at a better uni?
The challenge is not getting offers. If you study econ at an AAA-AAB uni and are predicted a 2:1 or are at an ABB-BBB uni and are predicted a 1st I would expect you to get offers from Top 5 unis such as warwick. The constraint on applicants are financial not academic. And I know Warwick has a target intake of about 100 and ends up with about 80-90.

Issue is how well you do once you get there. The material taught at undergraduate varies as you go down the table and is no longer a good preparation for msc.

What are the AAA-AAB universities that this passage points to?

You can get a 1st at any university. And anyway you rarely need a 1st to do a Masters, even at Oxbridge. A 2:1 from a "moderate uni" will be just fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending