The Student Room Group

another predicted grades problem

My predicted grades are A*maths A* economics B psychology for economics/ economics with politics or politics with economics. I wanted to apply to either LSE bath or bristol.
LSE (politics with economics) is AAA
Bristol is A*AA or AAA depending on the course (my college may also get a contextual offer i will find out in september in which case AAB or ABB)
Bath is A*AA but I also do an EPQ and if i get an A in that it becomes AAA.
Theses are obviously very competitive Unis and im wondering if my B makes it unlikely I will get an offer and if there's any point me applying.

My college won't change my grades so I can't get it up to an A. i'm also looking at 2 insurance Unis if I get like ABB or something awful. Southampton or Newcastle are my 2 right now so I don't have all my eggs in one basket.
I've also heard I can wait until results day and apply through clearing if i think I will do better but I don't really know how that works and surely there won't be any places left in the competitive uis.
Applying with predicted grades below the stated entry requirements to prestigious universities is wasting a choice. You can apply through clearing although that is very complex and places are very limited, if available to begin with, so clearing is probably best avoided. You could just apply with achieved grades, which would boost your chances of success tremendously as long as you meet the stated entry requirements, or you could talk to your school again to try to move your predicted grades. They won't up your predicted just because you asked nicely, but they might up your predicted if you make a deal with them in which you'll show improvement in your grades and/or do extra homework or anything you can think of. After all, the deadline is January. Not that I'd reccomend applying in January but you have plenty of time even in the next school year to show your college you have got what it takes to get that A!
Original post by Scotland Yard
Applying with predicted grades below the stated entry requirements to prestigious universities is wasting a choice. You can apply through clearing although that is very complex and places are very limited, if available to begin with, so clearing is probably best avoided. You could just apply with achieved grades, which would boost your chances of success tremendously as long as you meet the stated entry requirements, or you could talk to your school again to try to move your predicted grades. They won't up your predicted just because you asked nicely, but they might up your predicted if you make a deal with them in which you'll show improvement in your grades and/or do extra homework or anything you can think of. After all, the deadline is January. Not that I'd reccomend applying in January but you have plenty of time even in the next school year to show your college you have got what it takes to get that A!

Thanks I will ask them if there's anything I can do to move it up but I believe they won't allow any changes to grades. I'll see if I can change it next year though. Even if I'm applying for an AAA course will they not care about the fact that I got 2 A* but with the fact that I got a B? Isn't this a bit unfair then because my lopsided predicted grades mean I can't apply to any half decent russel group because they will just instantly reject with the B

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending