The Student Room Group

Stressing out about choices

Im stuck between picking something im pretty sure im going to hate ( business studies) but has a nicer work load and something i enjoy (art) but has a larger work load. My other two subjects are biology and chemistry and its just really beginning to stress me out over what i should do.Any help?
Original post by ConstantPanic
Im stuck between picking something im pretty sure im going to hate ( business studies) but has a nicer work load and something i enjoy (art) but has a larger work load. My other two subjects are biology and chemistry and its just really beginning to stress me out over what i should do.Any help?

Have you got any idea what you'd like to do after A Levels? :smile:
Original post by Leviathan1741
Have you got any idea what you'd like to do after A Levels? :smile:

My original goal was to become a vet, however im beginning to realize that my extremely bad memory will stop be from doing this, im still going to give it my all but with my memory problem im not sure i will make it. My secondary option would probably be a game designer, i love creating characters and scenery ect and i did plan on doing commissions in my spare time when my level of art improves.
My original goal was to become a vet, however im beginning to realize that my extremely bad memory will stop be from doing this, im still going to give it my all but with my memory problem im not sure i will make it. My secondary option would probably be a game designer, i love creating characters and scenery ect and i did plan on doing commissions in my spare time when my level of art improves.

In that case, I think art would be the better option. There's no point in taking a subject you think you're going to hate as you're unlikely to do well in it if you don't like it. Art is also more relevant to what you want to do in the future :smile:
In that case, I think art would be the better option. There's no point in taking a subject you think you're going to hate as you're unlikely to do well in it if you don't like it. Art is also more relevant to what you want to do in the future :smile:

Im scared the work load will be too much for me to handle though and im getting mixed replies from people :/
Im scared the work load will be too much for me to handle though and im getting mixed replies from people :/

Would it be possible to start doing biology, chemistry and art (or business), see how it goes for a week or so, and then switch if you're finding the workload hard to manage?
Would it be possible to start doing biology, chemistry and art (or business), see how it goes for a week or so, and then switch if you're finding the workload hard to manage?

Yep they allow you to change within the first few weeks of starting if you change your mind
Yep they allow you to change within the first few weeks of starting if you change your mind

Perhaps that would be something worth considering then? :smile:
I've chosen to do Biology, Psychology & History. Do you think these are good choices?
Original post by inevitablereign
I've chosen to do Biology, Psychology & History. Do you think these are good choices?

They sound good to me, what are you hoping to do/study after A Levels? :smile:
They sound good to me, what are you hoping to do/study after A Levels? :smile:

I hope to go on to university to possibly study Healthcare Sciences in Cardiology, although if I don't get a minimum grade B overall in GCSE maths (which will mean I can't do A-Level Biology, thus not being able to do the former) I'd like to do law or psychology.
Original post by inevitablereign
I hope to go on to university to possibly study Healthcare Sciences in Cardiology, although if I don't get a minimum grade B overall in GCSE maths (which will mean I can't do A-Level Biology, thus not being able to do the former) I'd like to do law or psychology.

Those subjects sound fine for all of those degree choices :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest