The Student Room Group

Form submission and places offered

Ok so i haven’t submitted my ucas form for my reference or anything yet, my schools deadline is 10th November, but my friend whos an early applicant has sent his off and already got an offer from York to study there, York is my number one choice. I was wondering how the places offered work like if early applicants are already getting offers will they run out of places by the time i get my form actually submitted?? Super stressed about it even tho its stupid haha
Original post by Dann333
Ok so i haven’t submitted my ucas form for my reference or anything yet, my schools deadline is 10th November, but my friend whos an early applicant has sent his off and already got an offer from York to study there, York is my number one choice. I was wondering how the places offered work like if early applicants are already getting offers will they run out of places by the time i get my form actually submitted?? Super stressed about it even tho its stupid haha

Unis don't 'run out' of spaces at this stage. They make many more offers than they have places and you are gauranteed equal consideration up until the Jan deadline.

Stop stressing.
Original post by Dann333
Ok so i haven’t submitted my ucas form for my reference or anything yet, my schools deadline is 10th November, but my friend whos an early applicant has sent his off and already got an offer from York to study there, York is my number one choice. I was wondering how the places offered work like if early applicants are already getting offers will they run out of places by the time i get my form actually submitted?? Super stressed about it even tho its stupid Thaha

There is no such thing as universities running out of overs. They make 4 or 5 times the number of offers they have places for because they know students will go elsewhere or wont make their offers. They have years of past experience and stats for this.

Most universities dont reach their numbers so make offers as and when applications are received. A very few top universities who have more applicants than places each year dont make offers until after the equal consideration in January. They will not run out of places and anyone applying before the deadline will be treated equally.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending