The Student Room Group

1 year away from A-Levels!

During 2014/15, I was doing my first year of sixth form but an operation put me out of my AS exams. I then got a job at an Financial Advising firm and I have been here for a year now.

I am going back to college / sixth form this September to complete my A-Levels. Trouble is, I have forgotten everything, even a lot of the GCSE material!

Should I revise GCSE material until September to re-consolidate my basic knowledge, or start re-learning the A-Level material that I was previously?

Of course it is ultimately down to me, but in the short time I have until September, what would your advice be?

I am studying Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry. I got an A in these subjects at GCSE.
Original post by Bozbay
During 2014/15, I was doing my first year of sixth form but an operation put me out of my AS exams. I then got a job at an Financial Advising firm and I have been here for a year now.

I am going back to college / sixth form this September to complete my A-Levels. Trouble is, I have forgotten everything, even a lot of the GCSE material!

Should I revise GCSE material until September to re-consolidate my basic knowledge, or start re-learning the A-Level material that I was previously?

Of course it is ultimately down to me, but in the short time I have until September, what would your advice be?

I am studying Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry. I got an A in these subjects at GCSE.

I'd say just re-learn a level content because there's not much point of knowing the GCSE things which won't be of much benefit. Plus for the subjects you're doing, you'll get the hang of things/remember everything after looking at a few questions or flipping through a textbook
Reply 2
Thank you, I appreciate it.

Original post by hellomynameisr
I'd say just re-learn a level content because there's not much point of knowing the GCSE things which won't be of much benefit. Plus for the subjects you're doing, you'll get the hang of things/remember everything after looking at a few questions or flipping through a textbook
Reply 3
Original post by Bozbay

I'd suggest you look through your A Levels. Don't worry about your GCSEs anymore. :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest