The Student Room Group

Deloitte online blended assessment?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LVG1964
Hey! I have been asked to play the cosmic cadet game and was wondering if people prepared for this? I am not a gamer and this is what I'm most apprehensive about! Any help would be much appreciated...

hi LVG , basically the game is just like a little arcade game with really simple games. So for example one is remembering a pattern with increasing difficulty after each level. It's really easy, but just make sure you give it a good go and are well concentrated. I haven't heard anyone 'fail' it thus far so u should be fine :smile:*
Reply 101
Thank you for your advice! Like I said, much appreciated. Good luck with everything!
Reply 102
Hey! I've been asked to play the cosmic cadet game. Did anyone practice for this? I am not a gamer and find this element of the app process the most daunting. Any help would be much appreciated x
were you able ro complete the 3rd level of the game.. the one where u launch the rocket from 20 planets based on a pointer. Im really struggling
Guys I sent my application off 3 working days ago and still haven't had a further email about this game. Is this a normal waiting time?
Original post by LVG1964
Hey! I've been asked to play the cosmic cadet game. Did anyone practice for this? I am not a gamer and find this element of the app process the most daunting. Any help would be much appreciated x

were you able ro complete the 3rd level of the game.. the one where u launch the rocket from 20 planets based on a pointer. Im really struggling
Completed the blended test yesterday.

Situational judgement felt like it went well and the numerical reasoning was decent. BUT, i was not prepared for that verbal comprehension. Did plenty of practice beforehand but the format of the exam was completely new to me.

4 questions on true/false/cannottell, 4 questions on most likely to least likely, 4 questions on conclusion follows/does not follow.....
All the other applications I have done were just a basic true/false/cannottell....

Hope I've done well enough

Original post by hamzahdsi
Completed the blended test yesterday.

Situational judgement felt like it went well and the numerical reasoning was decent. BUT, i was not prepared for that verbal comprehension. Did plenty of practice beforehand but the format of the exam was completely new to me.

4 questions on true/false/cannottell, 4 questions on most likely to least likely, 4 questions on conclusion follows/does not follow.....
All the other applications I have done were just a basic true/false/cannottell....

Hope I've done well enough
Original post by sowmiaravij

I haven't been given any information/link/email about the game yet. I only submitted my blended test less than 24 hours ago.

I'm applying for a year in industry placement, not sure if that makes any difference.
Reply 109
Original post by sowmiaravij

Hey, no I didn't. I quit the game in the end, I kept getting near the end and then failing. I still passed the overall game though. Received an email to take the blended assessment this morning, so don't worry if you decided to quit this level also. Good luck.
Original post by Paraphilos
Guys I sent my application off 3 working days ago and still haven't had a further email about this game. Is this a normal waiting time?

Yeah. I submitted my application on Monday and just received an invitation to it.
Original post by CaptainBumBum
Hey all,

Just found this thread. I passed the screening and was told I'd made it through to the next stage last week. Got an email this morning saying my application was on hold due to there being so many candidates and that they'll begin shortlisting after the 19th, assessing against a benchmark. So that's the new thing.

At least it's nice a level of communication from Deloitte, better than a lot of firms!

zachyg

yep, I applied for the tax grad scheme! Found out I passed the screening on the 5th, not heard anything further yet! What about you?

sreddy
x

Hi chaps, I've quoted you because you seem to have applied either before or at the same time as me.

Having originally applied (Consulting S&O) on the 5th, I was e-mailed to say I'd passed the blended assessment on Wednesday, then today received an e-mail saying my application is on hold until mid-October and I can either hold out or request to be transferred to a second or third choice. The reason given for this is that they want to take other applicants through the final interview first before progressing anyone else to the first interview.

This all seems a bit early on to me - do you suppose this is code for deciding on the summer interns, who will just be finishing around now? If that's the case I'm not worried, but if it's not the case, actual grad applicants who applied super early are already being seen and potentially places are filling, I am a bit worried.

Has anyone else had a similar e-mail?
Is there a deadline for the Cosmic Cadet game? There is no suggestion of this in the email, but with bank holiday approaching I'm highly unlikely to do it until at least Tuesday.
Original post by scrotgrot
Hi chaps, I've quoted you because you seem to have applied either before or at the same time as me.

Having originally applied (Consulting S&O) on the 5th, I was e-mailed to say I'd passed the blended assessment on Wednesday, then today received an e-mail saying my application is on hold until mid-October and I can either hold out or request to be transferred to a second or third choice. The reason given for this is that they want to take other applicants through the final interview first before progressing anyone else to the first interview.

This all seems a bit early on to me - do you suppose this is code for deciding on the summer interns, who will just be finishing around now? If that's the case I'm not worried, but if it's not the case, actual grad applicants who applied super early are already being seen and potentially places are filling, I am a bit worried.

Has anyone else had a similar e-mail?

I don't know if it's scheme-dependent, but I would assume this is interviews for summer interns. I applied literally the day applications for tax opened (20th July.) so it's almost definitely not grad applicants being seen, unless as I say, it's different for tax/consulting/audit etc!
Reply 114
UPDATE: For those who are still in the process, I received an email this morning asking me to complete a questionnaire regarding what particular area of risk advisory that I'd be interested in and what qualifications would I be interested in undertaking.

In addition, Deloitte do have a graduate twitter, so might be worth directing any questions that have gone unanswered on here to there.

I have secured a position as a Deloitte Campus Ambassador for my up coming last year of university, so hopefully with the training i'll gain a good insight into the application process, anything that I found out (and that I'm allowed to post!) I will do so on this page!
Original post by jxh499
UPDATE: For those who are still in the process, I received an email this morning asking me to complete a questionnaire regarding what particular area of risk advisory that I'd be interested in and what qualifications would I be interested in undertaking.

In addition, Deloitte do have a graduate twitter, so might be worth directing any questions that have gone unanswered on here to there.

I have secured a position as a Deloitte Campus Ambassador for my up coming last year of university, so hopefully with the training i'll gain a good insight into the application process, anything that I found out (and that I'm allowed to post!) I will do so on this page!

I got the same email earlier too :h:

That's so helpful btw, thanks!
Reply 116
In answer to some people's question (and apologies if this is a bit late) regarding being phased out and put on hold for S&O and other streams. Application window for these opened on the 18th of July, and the deadline was Thursday 18th August 2016. I believe the reason why some are put on hold is that they do operate (i believe) a first come first serve basis (for S&O at least). However those who applied to S&O it might not be the end of the line. Applications will open again in late September/October, depending upon their intake from interviews.

In an email just sent to me regarding interviews. They made it explicit that there is an additional sift stage for applicants in London, my advice would be to those who have fallen prey to this is perhaps take them up on there offer to apply to another stream or location, as these locations interview on a rolling basis and see a slightly lower demand.

Finally, the deadlines still open with Deloitte are Human Capital - this won't close until 16th of September 2016. There is no deadline for consulting technology. Deloitte on their website have been quite explicit that with most streams/service lines, there is the potential for applications come October, if places are still available.
Reply 117
Are you still awaiting information about when interviews will take place?

Thanks for your post with the info!
How competitive is the actuarial, rewards and analytics?
Invited to take the online blended assessment today for the tax 2017 scheme. Will do it later tonight.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending