The Student Room Group

A-Level Results Day: Grade Boundaries

post removed
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Anyone got the idea how are they going to decide what is your grade for the subject (A,B,C,...) ?For example, last year I took D1 FP1 and S1 for Further Math, my grade is 88,88,70 respectively.My overall is 243/300 and i got an A, Why ? Thank you
Hey what about CIE?
The grade boundaries for the new specs should be balanced, not too high.
1 week today GBs will start coming out :frown:
Reply 5
Anyone got any predictions for AQA Psychology A, Sociology or HIS3M? So nervous for these boundaries...could be the make or break for uni!
anyone know what grade boundaries could be like for OCR A2 F214 and F215 Biology exams? hopefully not a big increase!
Reply 7
You should note that remarks are pretty much useless now unless the examiner has made a fat blatant error.
Original post by bishbashbosh123
anyone know what grade boundaries could be like for OCR A2 F214 and F215 Biology exams? hopefully not a big increase!

I was thinking (for A's) 42 for F214 and 67 for F215? What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Really interested in the AQA C3 grade boundary. Given everyone's reaction, surely the lowest it's been for that module.
Reply 10
I thought this was about how grade boundries are decided and trying to make us feel better...
Original post by -jordan-
Really interested in the AQA C3 grade boundary. Given everyone's reaction, surely the lowest it's been for that module.

Also the AQA chemistry
What time on Tuesday night do the grade boundaries for Edexcel usually come out?
Original post by surplus98
What time on Tuesday night do the grade boundaries for Edexcel usually come out?

As soon as it hits 12AM Wednesday morning (ie midnight on Tuesday night)
Reply 14
CCEA's will never turn blue because they don't put them online:frown:
Original post by ozmo19
CCEA's will never turn blue because they don't put them online:frown:

What do you mean turn blue?

I'm with CCEA as well. For my GCSEs I actually requested them under the Freedom of Information for the subjects I was doing hahaha.
Reply 16
Original post by TiernanW
What do you mean turn blue?

I'm with CCEA as well. For my GCSEs I actually requested them under the Freedom of Information for the subjects I was doing hahaha.

It turns blue when it has been linked to a site/document (to the grade boundaries) but CCEA don't post them on their website. Yes you can email to receive copies but they won't be linked on this thread. I did the same last year for a few of my subects:tongue:
Alright let's get this out the way. How many of you cheated on your ISA's which inevitably contributes to the disgusting grade boundaries we're going to see?

I have friends in 4 local schools and they all confirmed multiple classes cheated. Meanwhile there's our school doing it properly. It's so frustrating to know I'm inevitably getting a B grade max in the ISA. And that's in my best one. In my worst I'll probably get a D.
Original post by lucabrasi98
Alright let's get this out the way. How many of you cheated on your ISA's which inevitably contributes to the disgusting grade boundaries we're going to see?

I have friends in 4 local schools and they all confirmed multiple classes cheated. Meanwhile there's our school doing it properly. It's so frustrating to know I'm inevitably getting a B grade max in the ISA. And that's in my best one. In my worst I'll probably get a D.

Only a small number of schools do the ISA without any cheating at all.

It's a moot point now because ISAs are being phased out, but for AQA Science A-levels then the EMPA is provided as an alternative. It's much harder to cheat on the EMPA compared to the ISAs and (in Physics at least) it has very low boundaries.
Reply 19
Original post by Xuancong
Anyone got the idea how are they going to decide what is your grade for the subject (A,B,C,...) ?For example, last year I took D1 FP1 and S1 for Further Math, my grade is 88,88,70 respectively.My overall is 243/300 and i got an A, Why ? Thank you

FP1 D1 and S1 would make up Further Maths AS. An A is the highest grade you can get at AS

Quick Reply

Latest