The Student Room Group

Long term Relationships beginning at High School?

So, most of my friends have been in one relationship from the beginning of high school, whereas as I have had numerous short term ones. This is because I don't think high school relationships last that long after you leave school or go to uni.
However, most of my friends seem to disagree and are starting to plan their future around their bf/gf.

So, I was wondering how long do you think high school relationships last? Would you plan your future around someone else? Has anyone been in a relationship from high school that lasts? What do you think makes high school relationships last?

Thanks x
Reply 1
I think that high school relationships can last but from what I've seen, most long term couples I know met when they were a bit older at uni or work instead of school. I've been in a long term relationship since the last year of secondary school though.
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nimrahk123
So, most of my friends have been in one relationship from the beginning of high school, whereas as I have had numerous short term ones. This is because I don't think high school relationships last that long after you leave school or go to uni.
However, most of my friends seem to disagree and are starting to plan their future around their bf/gf.

So, I was wondering how long do you think high school relationships last? Would you plan your future around someone else? Has anyone been in a relationship from high school that lasts? What do you think makes high school relationships last?

Thanks x

This is why you don't listen to TSR.
Plan your future around yourself, not your high school partner. That's what me and my partner have agreed to do for university (applying this year). We're still going to try of course and our Universities are only a train away, but I think it's just important to stress that you need to think about yourself first, and them second, in terms of your education at least.

I've been in a relationship for two years.
major life changes are always a struggle for a relationship as they can mean going long distance and/or people changing a lot as they grow up

anyone who meets in high school has starting college, moving to uni, starting work and a lot of growing/changing personality to do so it's very unlikely they'll remain together long term... you'll always have exceptions but the majority of relationships are formed once people are working, with some coming from university... very few survive from before university to afterwards
Original post by Nimrahk123

Thanks x

two friends of mine (same age as me) have had a relationship for the past 9 years
but in my experience that was a rare case most people had at least 2 relationships some had many, many more (i was technically one of those with 6 relationships in my last couple of school years)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending