The Student Room Group

Publishing your dissertation

Hi all, I've just graduated with a First Class Honours in Psychology and was wondering if anyone knows about the likelihood of undergraduate students ever getting their dissertations published? I received an agreed mark of 85 and have a few ideas to further improve it, but I'm assuming it's a bit unlikely as an undergraduate and if anything they probably look at people in the 90s region?

Thanks for any help!
Marks don't matter when it comes to publishing. It's the quantity, quality and novelty of data. Talk to your supervisor.
Original post by Kelly95
Hi all, I've just graduated with a First Class Honours in Psychology and was wondering if anyone knows about the likelihood of undergraduate students ever getting their dissertations published? I received an agreed mark of 85 and have a few ideas to further improve it, but I'm assuming it's a bit unlikely as an undergraduate and if anything they probably look at people in the 90s region?

Thanks for any help!

You need to talk to your supervisor, as the above person mentioned. If you performed most of the work for the project, and your supervisor isn't keen to write up something themselves, you could try to get it published in the JOURNAL OF EUROPEAN PSYCHOLOGY STUDENTS which is specifically geared towards getting undergrad projects published.

Quick Reply

Latest