The Student Room Group

What's the one thing that will help you survive Results Day? [Golden Thread]

We've got a couple of weeks until the Big Day but Results are on everyone's minds!

What will get you through the day?

Your friends?

Chocolate?

That summer jam?

This is a golden thread. Join in with this discussion before 26 August 2016 to be in with a chance of winning an iPad air 2

Other golden threads:

1. List the fibs your teacher told you at school

2. What's your ultimate summer tune?

3. Which GCSE subject can you not wish to ditch?

4. Sum up how you’re feeling about results day in a meme or gif

5. How do you plan to celebrate your exam results?

6. Starting uni: what are you most excited about?

7. One essential piece of advice you'd give to someone starting their A-levels

8. What's the one thing will get you through results day?

The competition runs from 3 August to 23:59 on 26 August 2016. The random draw will be made on 30 August 2016.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Knowing that I've already been through it, so don't have to do it again!! :woo:
Original post by Queen Cersei
We've got a couple of weeks until the Big Day but Results are on everyone's minds!

What will get you through the day?

Your friends?

Chocolate?

That summer jam?

This is a golden thread. Join in with this discussion before 26 August 2016 to be in with a chance of winning an iPad air 2

(The link doesn't work btw! - says it's been removed)
Original post by mobbsy91
(The link doesn't work btw! - says it's been removed)

That's odd- it's working for me... I've refreshed so is it working now?
Reply 4
Being prepared, having a detailed plan about what to do and when.
My pet spider lucas
Alcohol. Lots of it.
Original post by Queen Cersei
That's odd- it's working for me... I've refreshed so is it working now?

Does now, cheers!

Original post by Hydeman
Alcohol. Lots of it.

Haha, this is pretty much how I coped last year! Started with champagne (despite **** results!) and slowly (quickly!) moved onto anything with a higher alcohol content!
Reply 8
Nothing. I was actually considering picking the envelope up walking outside and setting fire to it without opening it. :frown: This is never gonna be fun.
I'm going to get to the exam centre early just to get it out of the way.
in all honesty nothing because im not wound up about this year's results. Ik whatever i get the reaction will be lacklustre from everyone even if i get AAAA so tbh im not even that fussed and it isn't like AS counts anyway for most of them.
For AS I have the option of seeing my results online or going to school. Checking it online first if my results aren't good then I will just play video games at home. If they are really bad, I will have to go in to talk to the senior teachers ffs.
nothing apart from getting good results, which won't happen
Knowing that either way I have a choice - so if I disappoint, I've got a back-up plan
Knowing that I did as well I could have, considering the amount of effort I put into the exams. That and knowing it's not the end of the world, realistically.
Knowing I've put my all into it. I feel anyone who works at their maximum will achieve what they aspire to achieve. I know from personal experience in Year 10.
Knowing that whatever happens, I have like 4 or 5 contingency plans.
Food, lots and lots of food.
If I get AAA, I'm going to go eat a ton of sushi paid for by my parents. Have to check UCAS first as I'm getting a friend to check my results for me online. Too scared to even look at it haha.

If I get ABB or lower, I'll just cry in my room whilst seeing what everyone else has got, which will either make me feel good, or make me feel absolutely terrible about myself.
One hot holiday, lounging by the pool and then after that, just the knowledge that once it's done, I'll at least know what I'm doing and where I'm going come September

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending