The Student Room Group

A Level Results: Post Your Results (AS)

It's results day!
Hey guys :hi: , the time has come for you to receive your results! Some of you may have been emailed your results or have logged in to your college/sixth form portal; for others, you will have to go collect your results in person. Having been a Year 12 student a few years ago, I can tell you for nothing that you feel just as tense as GCSE results day! I would highly reccomend that you check out this article that the lovely people at TSR put together just for you guys about AS results and what to do next.

So we've set aside this thread, where you can post your predicted grades and your exam results. In the past few years on TSR these threads seem really popular so we're carrying on the trend :colone:

Feel free to congratulate each other, however we do have the official results day thread for you to use, solely for chatting with others in the same boat! Also you might wanna consider saying your goodbyes in the Year 12 thread and introduce yourself in the Year 13 thread as these threads are very common and are a great way of getting to know other people in the same boat, so to speak :ninja:

Please check out the A-level results day hub, which has links to many relevant articles that you will find useful!

On behalf of the Community team and TSR support team, we wish you the best of luck with your results, whatever the outcome!

Please copy and paste using this example template

[noparse]Results

Subject: Predicted ? / Achieved ?

Comments and reactions
Insert comment here

Future ambitions
Insert comment here

[/noparse]

Sample of what a post may look like:

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Results
Biology: Predicted A / Achieved A
Chemistry: Predicted A / Achieved A
Maths: Predicted A / Achieved A
D&T: Predicted A / Achieved A

Comments and Reactions
So relieved to get these results. Glad all the hard work paid off in the end!

Future Ambitions
A*A*A*A then have a productive gap year before going and pursuing a subject I love at uni!
(edited 7 years ago)
Just got back from a World Challenge expedition- let the worrying begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yay!!!!!!!!! bye future!!!!!!!!!! its ok if i fail i can go back to the Andes and chill with an elderly lady who smiled at me when I gave her my kiwi
Results

BTEC Applied Law: Predicted Distinction* / Achieved Distinction*

Government & Politics: Predicted A / Achieved A

English Literature: Predicted B / Achieved A

History: Predicted B / Achieved B

Comments and reactions
I was initially disappointed with the B in History because it means the Cambridge dream is over, but I soon got over it because a lot of people - people who did better than me in GCSE - did a lot worse. Politics was a bit interesting because I got 66 in Unit 1 but 98 in Unit 2, so we're going to get the script back to see if it's worth getting that first paper remarked because I'm really shocked it's so much lower. Overall though I'm very pleased with these results! The only other thing I'm concerned with though is whether I'll be able to meet AAA entry requirements next year. I honestly think the B in History might be my limit. I couldn't have done any more revision than I did.

Future ambitions
I'll apply to study Law at universities like Bristol, Manchester, Liverpool, etc. I wanted to do investment banking and while I would have been in a better position for that if I could have applied to Cambridge/UCL, I still have a shot if I can get into Warwick.
(edited 7 years ago)
Time for me to freak out
Law - B
Unit 1 - Remarking that.. law teacher is getting all of ours remarked
Unit 2 - B! Retaking, not acceptable!

Classics - C
Unit 1 - Retaking, made some silly mistakes.
Unit 2 - SO HAPPY! I can't believe I got an A on that paper!

General Studies - U
I didn't even complete the exam because it was a waste of a subject.
(edited 7 years ago)
People who reserve must be very confident about their grades :P
Reply 7
Original post by marcobruni98
People who reserve must be very confident about their grades :P

I was confident when exams finished but over the last month I've lost it all:tongue:
Reply 8
My exam scripts have been haunting me the past few nights… why didn't I mention cooperation tax in economics? Why did i only talk about quantitative easing, interest rates and VAT? I'm sure these are the same questions that kept Gordon brown awake at night in 2008-10 which restores some hope I guess.
Reply 9
Original post by zayn008
My exam scripts have been haunting me the past few nights… why didn't I mention cooperation tax in economics? Why did i only talk about quantitative easing, interest rates and VAT? I'm sure these are the same questions that kept Gordon brown awake at night in 2008-10 which restores some hope I guess.

I didn't even talk about quantitative easing at all... I think I wont even pass. Did you do the new Edexcel spec for Econ?
Original post by ImagineCats
Just got back from a World Challenge expedition- let the worrying begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yay!!!!!!!!! bye future!!!!!!!!!! its ok if i fail i can go back to the Andes and chill with an elderly lady who smiled at me when I gave her my kiwi

😂 thank you for making me laugh! There's nothing like a bit of humour to calm the nerves.
Reserved, or it will stay this way if my results are bad:smile:

EDIT:
Maths- A
Chemistry- A
Physics- A
Biology- B
Gen Studies- A

Much better than expected, although somehow I'm still annoyed with bio:smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by Dnkz7
I didn't even talk about quantitative easing at all... I think I wont even pass. Did you do the new Edexcel spec for Econ?

Yep! Did you do The 2008 crisis or just the monetary policy question? I Felt like a right G when I spoke about VAT rates being slashed, don't think many people spoke about fiscal except automatic stabilisers, I briefly mentioned quantitative easing but didn't even get to explain what it was :frown: so don't feel too left out! I can't remember but I'm pretty sure I spoke about the budget deficit and government bonds… If I didn't I'm screwed. I was quite pleased with Theme 2, the things I wasn't prepared for didn't come up so I'm all to blame if it goes bad, I'll be happy with a B considering I taught the syllabus to myself. If you spoke about interest rates, deficit and maybe even linked them to unemployment/inflation you'd get a good mark! Hardest thing in the whole paper was getting the application marks, the extract had nothing at all to do with 2008 except inflation, I can't remember the other questions but I remember the extract was useless to them lol
Reply 13
Original post by zayn008
Yep! Did you do The 2008 crisis or just the monetary policy question? I Felt like a right G when I spoke about VAT rates being slashed, don't think many people spoke about fiscal except automatic stabilisers, I briefly mentioned quantitative easing but didn't even get to explain what it was :frown: so don't feel too left out! I can't remember but I'm pretty sure I spoke about the budget deficit and government bonds… If I didn't I'm screwed. I was quite pleased with Theme 2, the things I wasn't prepared for didn't come up so I'm all to blame if it goes bad, I'll be happy with a B considering I taught the syllabus to myself. If you spoke about interest rates, deficit and maybe even linked them to unemployment/inflation you'd get a good mark! Hardest thing in the whole paper was getting the application marks, the extract had nothing at all to do with 2008 except inflation, I can't remember the other questions but I remember the extract was useless to them lol

Yo man we need to link up and do some whatsapp group chat with others who also sat the paper and talk about the next stage for revision and uni. I did the monetary policy one, only thing i got wrong was that i said the BoE had 12 members instead of 9 (bruh)
Reply 14
Original post by Dnkz7
Yo man we need to link up and do some whatsapp group chat with others who also sat the paper and talk about the next stage for revision and uni. I did the monetary policy one, only thing i got wrong was that i said the BoE had 12 members instead of 9 (bruh)

That sounds cool, maybe start a thread and then we'll see if anyone wants a GC? That's not even in the textbook so if that's you're biggest worry you can expect a good grade! On paper 1 my biggest worry was the new format of the boxes 😂 It actually threw back becuase I just wasn't expecting it and I couldn't focus, although section B was nasty in that paper
I got straight U on math, physics and chem, and D on general paper, which I believe that it is an error..
Results
EPQ: A* (predicted A)
Sociology:A (predicted B)
Politics: C (predicted D)

Comments
I wasn't entered for AS exams in History or English (my two strongest) absolutely ecstatic with my results, I'm dropping politics but was a complete miracle to pass as there has been many teaching issues with it this year

Future Ambitions
English literature at Cambridge :h:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by AppealingGuy
I got straight U on math, physics and chem, and D on general paper, which I believe that it is an error..

How do you know your results? Do you believe you have straight U's because of not studying at all or what?
Original post by Dnkz7
How do you know your results? Do you believe you have straight U's because of not studying at all or what?

I've seen it through my eyes. I need to appeal..
The international A Level results are out on 11 Aug, which is today.
Results

Subject: English Language: Predicted A / Achieved A

Subject: IT: Predicted A / Achieved A

Subject: English Literature: Predicted B / Achieved A

Subject: History: Predicted B / Achieved B

Subject: EPQ: Predicted A / Achieved A

Comments and reactions
Very, very happy! I was hoping to reach my predicted grades, and I got one better, which is absolutely brilliiant. I could not ask for better results than these.
Future ambitions
IT Management - not sure where yet, depends on my offers!
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest