The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Modular B-Grade Boundaries.

Screen Shot 2016-08-07 at 12.52.02.png
I found that for Edexcel GCSE Maths Module B, full UMS for paper 2 (120/120) was only awarded if you got 100% raw mark (60/60) in the paper (this is shown in the image I have attached). Is this correct? It hardly seems fair that full UMS should be taken away just for losing 1 mark! I really need an A* so is it possible to achieve full UMS by getting 59/60? I am really worrying so a big thank you to anyone who responds!
afaik edexcel grade boundaries are set out so that it says 'maximum mark' above the maximum raw/ums marks you can get in that paper, meaning if you get full raw marks you'll get full ums. that doesn't necessarily mean that you can't get full ums if you get less, 59/60 is probs full or very close to it. don't edexcel have a ums converter so you can check?

and the second part of your statement doesn't really make sense, edexcel maths b has three papers so unless you've somehow bombed the other two (unlikely given you're saying you've got 59/60 in this one), why does full ums matter for a*? as long as you get 360/400 total ums you'll get an a*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending