The Student Room Group

Social Work MA - Chester University (Warrington Campus)

Hi all,

I have been granted an interview for the Master's in Social Work at Chester University on 16th August 2016. Is anyone else going on that day at all? :smile:

In my pack I received it stated the time breakdown for the day from around 9am - 1pm and I am expected to do a 30 minute exam. Does anyone have experience with this that will be able to give me a heads up of what to expect? Is it a typical General Studies sort of question about what you would do in a given situation?

Additionally, does anyone know what sort of questions I will be asked in the interview? I am slightly nervous, but when I'm nervous I just become really talktive, I just want to do my best to secure a place on the course and as I haven't been in education for over 6 years I do feel out of the loop.

I am currently doing my research, reading Social Work books, articles, news stories to make sure my knowledge is up to date, but I'm not sure to what level of knowledge they'd expect me to have?

Any help or guidance anyone could give me would be great :colondollar:

EDIT: Sorry, this is for the January 2017 course at Chester.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by KezJona
Hi all,

I have been granted an interview for the Master's in Social Work at Chester University on 16th August 2016. Is anyone else going on that day at all? :smile:

In my pack I received it stated the time breakdown for the day from around 9am - 1pm and I am expected to do a 30 minute exam. Does anyone have experience with this that will be able to give me a heads up of what to expect? Is it a typical General Studies sort of question about what you would do in a given situation?

Additionally, does anyone know what sort of questions I will be asked in the interview? I am slightly nervous, but when I'm nervous I just become really talktive, I just want to do my best to secure a place on the course and as I haven't been in education for over 6 years I do feel out of the loop.

I am currently doing my research, reading Social Work books, articles, news stories to make sure my knowledge is up to date, but I'm not sure to what level of knowledge they'd expect me to have?

Any help or guidance anyone could give me would be great :colondollar:

EDIT: Sorry, this is for the January 2017 course at Chester.

Hi KezaJona, Just wondering how your interview went? I've got one 13th Sept but for Jan 2018 entry. I'm very nervous and no idea what to expect. I know this is late but I've seen you were online not long ago!

Quick Reply

Latest