The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

2017 University of Edinburgh hopefuls

Scroll to see replies

Sorry if this has already been asked, but is it the case that Edinburgh aren't giving out any offers until January 15th?
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Original post by theravadaz
Sorry if this has already been asked, but is it the case that Edinburgh aren't giving out any offers until January 15th?

Depends on where you're from, but I'm afraid if you're Home/EU, you'll have to wait until the deadline for universities to give us offers, that is March
Do you know if the grade requirements tend to be the same or lower/higher to EU students than for overseas students?

I'm applying to Arabic&Religious studies, which has typical offer for IB 36 points. I got 38 points (HL 666) but I'm a bit afraid that my application is not good enough for the course..
Hi all, just a quick question so I know what to expect.
I'm applying for Economics and Politics (I'm an EU student). I am meeting the typical entry requirement with my predicted grades and I already hold an offer from Glasgow Uni. Can I reasonably expect to get an offer from Edinburgh too?
Reply 184
The International Office staff at Edinburgh is offering an online chat session tomorrow at 16:00 UK time (11 AM EST).

If anyone has questions, register on their webpage:

http://www.ed.ac.uk/studying/international/application/chat-to-us-online
Does anybody know whether Edinburgh teach simplified or traditional Chinese symbols in their Chinese Studies course?
Original post by Kanelbullar
Hi all, just a quick question so I know what to expect.
I'm applying for Economics and Politics (I'm an EU student). I am meeting the typical entry requirement with my predicted grades and I already hold an offer from Glasgow Uni. Can I reasonably expect to get an offer from Edinburgh too?

I'm also applying for economics and politics! I know Glasgow are pretty generous with their offers like just handing them out if you've got grades not reading statements etc. I think Edinburgh get so many people who meet the typical offer already that the statement may become more important. However that's nothing to suggest you won't get an offer just as long as you have a strong statement! For EU/Scotland students we will be waiting a long time though!
any vet hopefuls?
Hi :smile:
I´m from outside the UK so I haven´t had the opportunity to visit Edinburgh (yet). What are my possibilities on getting in for the Sustainable Development course, with typical offer of ABB (at A Level).

GCSE Grades: A*AAAABCD AB
AS Grades: ABB
Predicted A Level Grades: (guess)
A-level Choices: English Language & Literature, Geography, Business Studies+ Spanish
Course: MA Sustainable Development
Extra Curricular: Founder and Leader of the School´s Girl Up Club (organisation with a partnership with the UN), Head Girl, Greenpeace volunteer, translator for parent´s evenings (bc i live in Spain), one week work experience at a company that manages hotels and apartments, wider reading, work as a teacher assistant with little kids
Other Universities Applying To: Warwick, St.Andrews, Aberdeen

By the way, does anyone know anything about Aberdee? As in student life and academics?
Thanks xx
Original post by Mystery.
Any home applicants heard back for maths yet? Its probably too early.

I just received an unconditional offer
Have any English applicants recieved any offers at all?
Original post by GrungeGirl
I just received an unconditional offer

What were your grades? Just checked my email and haven't got anything.
Original post by Mystery.
What were your grades? Just checked my email and haven't got anything.

5A's at Higher. Predicted 3A's.

They probably do them in batches anyway, so don't worry. It's still very early
Wow! So are you a UK/EU student?
I'm an EU student and I've got unconditional offers from Imperial College and Glasgow but NOTHING from Edinburgh..
Original post by GrungeGirl
5A's at Higher. Predicted 3A's.

They probably do them in batches anyway, so don't worry. It's still very early

So does this mean they've started processing Scottish/EU applicants?
Original post by AlexBakSik
Does anybody know whether Edinburgh teach simplified or traditional Chinese symbols in their Chinese Studies course?

Idk but I'm a Chinese and I write traditional Chinese haha
Original post by Kanelbullar
So does this mean they've started processing Scottish/EU applicants?

Yeah it must do.
Original post by AlexBakSik

They teach both.
Original post by Lauren1498x
I'm also applying for economics and politics! I know Glasgow are pretty generous with their offers like just handing them out if you've got grades not reading statements etc. I think Edinburgh get so many people who meet the typical offer already that the statement may become more important. However that's nothing to suggest you won't get an offer just as long as you have a strong statement! For EU/Scotland students we will be waiting a long time though!

Edinburgh does the same. They take from the highest grades down until the course is full.
Original post by claireberg
Hey, I'm an American accepted for international relations, too! Congrats!

Thank you! Congrats to you as well, maybe I'll see you there!:awesome:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending