The Student Room Group

My Student Finance has gone down?

Hello all! I'm going into my second year of uni, and as a paranoid money-anxious person, I plan out all my finance stuff as soon as I can so I can budget etc.I've worked out that I'm getting £500 less this year. I'm getting £1000 less of a grant, and £500 more of a loan. I thought maybe it's due to me being in second year, and so rent being a little cheaper, but none of my friends have had the same issue- most are getting more.My family's financial situation has not changed. In fact, as far as I'm aware, they're earning less.I'm hoping I have enough to cover rent and general living situations, but I'm worried and I don't understand why it's changed so much. Has anyone else experienced similar?
It's nothing to do with being in second year. You'd only get less in final year, if your parents income has changed or if you were living at home instead of away from home.
Reply 2
Original post by Tiger Rag
It's nothing to do with being in second year. You'd only get less in final year, if your parents income has changed or if you were living at home instead of away from home.

My parents income hasn't changed, and I've been living away from home both years! Do you recon its worth contacting Student Finance and asking why there has been such a change?
Original post by skelliwog
My parents income hasn't changed, and I've been living away from home both years! Do you recon its worth contacting Student Finance and asking why there has been such a change?

I would do, yes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending