The Student Room Group

Deciding to resit. But what is my FINAL score?

I'm planning to resit for Computer Science in the oct/nov 2016 series. Deadline for resits application is 21 Sep 2016. My problem is that I am not sure what is my FINAL score for C.Sci., in order to decide whether to resit or not. The certificate will be despatched around 8 weeks later (mid-Oct), but I can't wait that long to confirm my FINAL score.

I've just received my A level results (from June 2016 sitting) on 11 Aug online - AAAB (B for Computer Sci) . Can I confirm whether what I've received online, is it my A2 results(June2016 sitting) only? Or is it the combination of my AS(sat in June2015) and A2(sat in June2016)?

If
1) the online marks(11aug2016) reflect the combination of AS(paper sat in June2015) and A2(June2016)
Then: I shall retake. Since I'm not satisfied with a B for Comp Sci. overall.
If
2) the online marks reflect ONLY the A2 paper sat in June2016
Then: How can I know my FINAL score before the cert is despatched (in mid-oct). So i cant confirm my (resit) decision by the resit application deadline-21 Sep2016.
Original post by pingoresa
I'm planning to resit for Computer Science in the oct/nov 2016 series. Deadline for resits application is 21 Sep 2016. My problem is that I am not sure what is my FINAL score for C.Sci., in order to decide whether to resit or not. The certificate will be despatched around 8 weeks later (mid-Oct), but I can't wait that long to confirm my FINAL score.

I've just received my A level results (from June 2016 sitting) on 11 Aug online - AAAB (B for Computer Sci) . Can I confirm whether what I've received online, is it my A2 results(June2016 sitting) only? Or is it the combination of my AS(sat in June2015) and A2(sat in June2016)?

If
1) the online marks(11aug2016) reflect the combination of AS(paper sat in June2015) and A2(June2016)
Then: I shall retake. Since I'm not satisfied with a B for Comp Sci. overall.
If
2) the online marks reflect ONLY the A2 paper sat in June2016
Then: How can I know my FINAL score before the cert is despatched (in mid-oct). So i cant confirm my (resit) decision by the resit application deadline-21 Sep2016.

It will probably be your overall grade for AS andA2
Reply 2
Original post by LPauling
It will probably be your overall grade for AS andA2

Thanks for the response :smile:

I have a friend, who sat for 4 AS subjects (2015) - [ACEC] Econ/Comp Sci./Maths/Bio, and then dropped Comp Sci by the second year. So this June2016, she sat for 3 A subjects - Bio/Econ/Maths, and 1 AS subject - Literature Eng. *refer attached screenshot

What she has received online(11 aug2016) was CbEC (the 3 A subjects and 1 AS) : with Econ/Lit(AS)/Math/Bio respectively. Assuming that on 11aug2016, cie published the overal grade for AS and A2, what has happened to my friend's grade for Computer Sci AS (she sat for 2015)? Is this AS grade still applicable for universities? Will the final certificate include the Computer Sci. AS grade in the end?

Thanks in advance :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest