Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Reapplying for LSE?

University Navigation

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

I have got A*A*AA in F.Maths, Economics, Maths and Biology respectively. As you can see, my A grade in Maths will put me in disadvantage for applying PPE since LSE requires A* in Maths (I did poorly in my C4 ). I am worried if I still stand a chance given that my personal statement is considered to be very strong by my teachers and friends.

Currently I hold an offer for Warwick PPE, but the course at LSE is so unique that it is compulsory to study all the three disciplines throughout the 4 years, and there is an opportunity to be a one-year exchange student at UC Berkeley. I don't know what to do now. If I take a gap year to reapply for LSE, I plan to retake C4 alongside self-teaching A-level Government and Politics and work at a charity. I am here to ask for some advice.

I'd definitely reapply to LSE if I were you.

Those grades are stellar, and given your A* in Further Maths, the low C4 UMS was clearly an unlucky occurrence.

However, make sure you have a lot to do in your gap year, so that if you don't make it into LSE next year (despite your grades, there's still a chance you won't make it due to the competition) at least the year won't have been wasted.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 20, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.