The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Reapplying for LSE?

I have got A*A*AA in F.Maths, Economics, Maths and Biology respectively. As you can see, my A grade in Maths will put me in disadvantage for applying PPE since LSE requires A* in Maths (I did poorly in my C4 :frown:). I am worried if I still stand a chance given that my personal statement is considered to be very strong by my teachers and friends.

Currently I hold an offer for Warwick PPE, but the course at LSE is so unique that it is compulsory to study all the three disciplines throughout the 4 years, and there is an opportunity to be a one-year exchange student at UC Berkeley. I don't know what to do now. If I take a gap year to reapply for LSE, I plan to retake C4 alongside self-teaching A-level Government and Politics and work at a charity. I am here to ask for some advice.
(edited 7 years ago)
I'd definitely reapply to LSE if I were you.

Those grades are stellar, and given your A* in Further Maths, the low C4 UMS was clearly an unlucky occurrence.

However, make sure you have a lot to do in your gap year, so that if you don't make it into LSE next year (despite your grades, there's still a chance you won't make it due to the competition) at least the year won't have been wasted.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending