The Student Room Group

Do I need to change my diet?

I'm really skinny and, although trying to put weight on for years, I get full on a child's size portion of food.

At university I have managed put on weight by eating several smaller meals a day rather than the tradition 3 meals a day.

But my boyfriend keeps telling me my diet is unhealthy.

He is worried about me because most of my diet is liquid based e.g soups, pasta with smooth sauces, foods like mashed potatoes, bread, basically just foods that are soft

(I'm not really sure why I like these foods. Maybe because they are easier to chew and take less time to eat? It means I can eat more before I get full? Maybe cause it's I really hate the taste of water and things like soup replace liquids I tend not to drink...)

Anyway I just want some advice about if my diet is actually bad?

I definitely get enough fat through milk and cheese. I eat a lot of fresh fruit and cereal which provides fibre. I'm always aware that my preferred foods don't contain but protein but I alway add extra meat to my food when I get change to over come this...
So is that fact it's all soft and mainly liquid bad?
Your diet doesn't sound bad at all! just try and fit as many vegetables in there as you can and fruits. If you want to put on weight you could always try protein bars and protein powders, anything like that. If you're worried about your protein in take that could help a lot. Also snacking on nuts could help (unless you're allergic) your diet sounds pretty good but always room for improvement!
Reply 2
Firstly, I'd have small same amount of carbs. Fats and proteins as eachother.
Try BBC good food for some quick recipes that are healthy and can help you reach weight goals.

Quick Reply

Latest