The Student Room Group

Ladies- Is it a turnoff that the guy does not drink and is a Vegan?

I've been raised a vegan(dont see a point in changing this as I've been like this forever) and i dont drink aswell let alone do drugs or smoke.Are these 2 factors turnoffs?

Scroll to see replies

I can't see either being an issue as long as you respect that a girl may want to eat meat around you
I'm a meat lover but I don't like drinking (I'm a terrible lightweight and get headaches after about five minutes of drinking). I would never do drugs or smoke..

Soo if I could eat my burgers and you could have your zucchini noodles, dyou think a June wedding would be nice?
Very mature of you ..
The not drinking isn't a turn off but being a vegan is
Original post by claireestelle
I can't see either being an issue as long as you respect that a girl may want to eat meat around you

Yeah i dont mind that :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 1010marina
I'm a meat lover but I don't like drinking (I'm a terrible lightweight and get headaches after about five minutes of drinking). I would never do drugs or smoke..

Soo if I could eat my burgers and you could have your zucchini noodles, dyou think a June wedding would be nice?

Yeah it would be awesome. What about the honeymoon tho? Where are we going to go for that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Pinkberry_y
The not drinking isn't a turn off but being a vegan is

Why :no: :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

I'm a big foodie and on dates I love trying out different places to eat. Whilst going to a vegan place one time may be fun, I'd wanna go to steakhouses, meat places etc. Plus it's just a turn off for me seeing a guy watch over what they eat like that
Original post by Pinkberry_y
I'm a big foodie and on dates I love trying out different places to eat. Whilst going to a vegan place one time may be fun, I'd wanna go to steakhouses, meat places etc. Plus it's just a turn off for me seeing a guy watch over what they eat like that

How about i go to the steakhouses or meatplaces with you and happily sip my Fruit juice while you eat your Meat

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
If a girl is turned off by you being vegan she is stupid and needs to grow up. I have been vegan for 5 years and don't care less what people think of me. If a girl has a problem with it, she is the wrong girl for me. I find most girls are very accepting and it is a conversation opener. Also I am vegan for ethical reasons, and many girls like the fact that I have a moral conscience.
Original post by Idunno99
How about i go to the steakhouses or meatplaces with you and happily sip my Fruit juice while you eat your Meat

Posted from TSR Mobile

No the fun of the date would be to eat together not you watching me eat steak :frown:
Original post by adamlaw2
If a girl is turned off by you being vegan she is stupid and needs to grow up. I have been vegan for 5 years and don't care less what people think of me. If a girl has a problem with it, she is the wrong girl for me. I find most girls are very accepting and it is a conversation opener. Also I am vegan for ethical reasons, and many girls like the fact that I have a moral conscience.

I think you're right. Thats cool man glad that there are other people like me in this world. Dude I've never tasted meat or drunk Alcohol etc and i dont ever want to too. Doing that for a girl would be pretty pathetic for me i think so you're definitely right i guess. We'll it hasn't been a conversation starter for me yet tho.I can for some reason not stop myself imagining you being
like Hey girl I'm a vegan gimme your phone number LoL.
Thats nice man I'm a vegan for Ethical as well as sort of religious reasons also. I would love a girl that would appreciate me for it too:yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Thats the great thing about internet dating these days. You can just select people who are veggie or vegan and cut out all the bull. There are literally millions of people who would find veganism a turn on, so don't even bother wasting time or money on the others.
Reply 15
Another idea do you ever go to the vegan fairs, as they sometimes have speed dating there. Plus there are many more women who are vegan than men, so you are on a winner. Personally I would never go to a steak house with anyone, I just find the places disgusting.
Original post by adamlaw2
Thats the great thing about internet dating these days. You can just select people who are veggie or vegan and cut out all the bull. There are literally millions of people who would find veganism a turn on, so don't even bother wasting time or money on the others.

Which websites do you think i should try bruh?

Posted from TSR Mobile
This is the first time I've encountered a vegan guy, I swear you're like unicorns :colondollar: some girls might think you're compromising their dinner date options, or making them look "fat" in comparing their steak to your veggie burger, but honestly with the availability of vegan options and the rising trend of plant-based lifestyles, even steakhouses may be accommodating! Also, I work behind a bar so I've seen many guys out there who don't drink, which is why things like Becks Blue were invented (alchohol free beer stuff), but as long as the girl doesn't get too hammered and the guy respects boundaries, you're good to go! (marry me)
Reply 18
Original post by Idunno99
Which websites do you think i should try bruh?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Any dating websites really. There are a few specialized ones like veggieromance but other general ones are good such as okaycupid or even POF. Also go onto here and look at the vegan fairs. They often have after parties, or just start talking to people there
Reply 19
There are a few special ones such as veggie romance, but you can also try general ones such as okay cupid or pof. I have had luck from all of them. Also google vegan fairs, as they often have after parties, or you can just get talking to people

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending