The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hi, To those who have applied to Cardiff, it says in the interview letter:
'Please bring with you written evidence of either dietetic work experience or attendance at a dietetic experience day if you have not already provided this to us.'
What sort of written proof are they looking for? Is there a form to fill in or do you need to ask a dietitian to write a letter for you?
Thanks guys
Reply 381
Original post by mary.ann.lou
Hi, To those who have applied to Cardiff, it says in the interview letter:
'Please bring with you written evidence of either dietetic work experience or attendance at a dietetic experience day if you have not already provided this to us.'
What sort of written proof are they looking for? Is there a form to fill in or do you need to ask a dietitian to write a letter for you?
Thanks guys

I had a 'certificate' which was given to me confirming I went but many people also had letters from the dietitian/ department they visited ☺️
Reply 382
Original post by Econway10
I've got an interview for King's, anyone else? They must have waited for the deadline

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep! I've got an interview at kings as well!
Reply 383
has anyone heard back from glasgow caledonian for dietetics ?
Reply 384
Original post by hjmc99
has anyone heard back from glasgow caledonian for dietetics ?

I haven't heard anything apparently they're very slow?
Hello!
Can you please tell me what sort of questions you were asked when you had your interview in Nottingham?
Many thanks
Reply 386
Original post by Rose.n
I had a 'certificate' which was given to me confirming I went but many people also had letters from the dietitian/ department they visited ☺️

What date is your interview?
Reply 387
Original post by ald2017
What date is your interview?

I've already had it, it was the saturday just gone ☺️
Reply 388
Original post by Rose.n
I've already had it, it was the saturday just gone ☺️

How was it?!
Reply 389
Original post by ald2017
How was it?!

I think it went ok! They said that usually they give out offers a week after the interview but the director of the course had a meeting associated with the funding of the course this week so we won't hear back until next week! ☺️
Original post by Martina_0011
Hello!
Can you please tell me what sort of questions you were asked when you had your interview in Nottingham?
Many thanks

Nottingham was a lot more relaxed then I thought it'd be. There was a group task which they kinda asked you about in the interview, scenarios and about any experience you have as well x
For all of you going to interviews over the next few weeks, don't forget that TSR is a great source for food and diet related misconceptions which you can use anecdotally to good advantage during your interviews. For instance, this:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4540192&page=2

It's good if you can show that you are both a keen and skilled scientist and you appreciate communication and counselling skills - these are the bedrock of dietetic practice.
Reply 392
Original post by Rose.n
I think it went ok! They said that usually they give out offers a week after the interview but the director of the course had a meeting associated with the funding of the course this week so we won't hear back until next week! ☺️

What kind of questions did they ask? :smile: hope you get an offer!
Reply 393
Original post by ald2017
What kind of questions did they ask? :smile: hope you get an offer!

Thank you! It was quite similar to the others, you got asked about different scenarios and how you would handle them/ what you would do ☺️
Reply 394
Cardiff Met offered me a place!!!!!! I'M SO HAPPY BECAUSE THATS 4/4!!!!
Reply 395
Original post by elco_

I got an offer too!
Reply 396
Original post by elco_

CONGRATS! Where did you apply to?
Hi guys!
It's not a typical question here but I can't think of a better place to ask about it really.

Does any of you know the exact difference between BSc Nutrition and BSc Dietetics?
And will I be able to become a registered dietitian after graduating from BSc Nutrition and then completing master in Dietetics?

I'd be really grateful for any information because I don't know what to believe anymore 😂 Every website contains different information
The main difference is that dietetics involves clinical and social skills, and you'd be working with ill people. The title 'dietitian' is protected by law. Nutrition is generally about a 'healthy diet' and you work with healthy people. You are not trained to work in a clinical environment or prescribe drugs/treatment.

Yes you can study undergraduate nutrition and then a masters in dietetics, however I think it's slightly more difficult to get onto a masters dietetics course than if you went straight into it from undergraduate.
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 399
Original post by ald2017
CONGRATS! Where did you apply to?

Chester, Cardiff Met, Coventry & Hertfordshire :smile: x

Latest