The Student Room Group

asked for date of birth when transfering money

Someone is transferring to me and asked for my details and i gave my my sort code and account number and obviously my name, which i know is safe ( apart from the slim chance of the jeremy clarkston case) but the person has now asked for my date of birth? Do some banks require you to provide you date of birth to transfer money to someone ? Why would they need my date of birth? is it safe for me to give my date of birth over to them ?
Original post by Greenhill31
Someone is transferring to me and asked for my details and i gave my my sort code and account number and obviously my name, which i know is safe ( apart from the slim chance of the jeremy clarkston case) but the person has now asked for my date of birth? Do some banks require you to provide you date of birth to transfer money to someone ? Why would they need my date of birth? is it safe for me to give my date of birth over to them ?

I've never heard of someone needing DOB to transfer money to you... Only info I've ever needed are a/c no, s/c, and their name. Sometimes they might need the name of the bank depending on what type of transfer, but I'd be wary - do you know what bank they're transferring from, and if so, then have a look on their website to see if it's a requirement, though I highly doubt it is!
Reply 2
Original post by Greenhill31
Do some banks require you to provide you date of birth to transfer money to someone ? Why would they need my date of birth? is it safe for me to give my date of birth over to them ?

absolutely no reason for them to need this
Sooo.. did he died?
Do you know this person? They definitely do not need DOB to transfer money.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending