The Student Room Group

How can I show my parameter space?

Hi there,

Apologies if I've got the wrong subforum, but I thought this was most suitable.

I'm wondering if anyone can offer any advice on how I can organise/display my parameter space. I'm currently looking at the different parameters which I have in a system I am studying. There are around three or four different parameters which each have two or three values (I think there's 36 total combinations). Between all of these parameters, almost the entire physical system is described. I'm currently trying to write out all of the combinations in a way that is easy to see, but as there are more than two parameters a single two dimensional table is not going to work. Ideally I'd have a three or four dimensional array but I can't exactly print that on paper! So I'm asking if anyone knows of a way to nicely display combinations of multiple parameters visually that would allow me to write a few notes about each combination (specifically, whether or not this combination can exist in nature and some information about the lab experiment I would use to study it). Apologies if this isn't very well explained, I can try and clarify if people don't get what I'm asking.

Cheers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending