The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

UEA Accommodation Info

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Original post by Izanagi
Aww, I wanna switch to one of the Courtyards too, but I don't think I'll be able to :frown:

Nope, switching from one room to another in the same type of accommodation is supposed to be pretty much impossible :frown: But you'll be fine. I bet you'll end up loving your flatmates, plus, you won't have to share your house with 150 other students!
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Just got Colman House, En Suite Campus, anyone know what it's like there?
I was just wondering, if I were to get a room in the Suffolk terrace in the ziggurats below the roadway level, does this mean that the room will appear underground? As in, there will no view from the bedroom window?
Just wondering
How do room numbers work, eg. is 01, 02, 03, etc the floor number, and the letter is your actual flat/room?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 244
Hi guys. Is anyone here going to be staying in Britten House?
Hey,

I wanted to ask how I'm supposed to structure my contact address whilst I'm at the university. I know your website explains it, but the trouble I'm having is that Student Finance England wants to know my university contact address and I can only seem to get as far as giving the general UEA address rather than the specific address for my room.

Does it matter much if I just leave it as the UEA address, and do you know if there's a way to fix it?
Reply 246
Original post by CrazyRoyal
Hey,

I wanted to ask how I'm supposed to structure my contact address whilst I'm at the university. I know your website explains it, but the trouble I'm having is that Student Finance England wants to know my university contact address and I can only seem to get as far as giving the general UEA address rather than the specific address for my room.

Does it matter much if I just leave it as the UEA address, and do you know if there's a way to fix it?

Here you go!

https://portal.uea.ac.uk/accommodation/living-in-residences/address-details
Reply 247
Original post by Heresthething
I was just wondering, if I were to get a room in the Suffolk terrace in the ziggurats below the roadway level, does this mean that the room will appear underground? As in, there will no view from the bedroom window?
Just wondering

Original post by Doonesbury
How do room numbers work, eg. is 01, 02, 03, etc the floor number, and the letter is your actual flat/room?

Posted from TSR Mobile

So UEA has an interesting floor system (but it does make sense when you think about it!)

Around the campus there is a concrete walkway. This level is called 0. However, this walkway is above ground level. So, as you move below the walkway level the numbers go 01, 02, 03, and as you move above it the levels go 1, 2, 3.

The ziggs are built on to the floor, and every room has a window looking out roughly towards the lake. So none of the rooms are underground as it's the walkway that's above ground :smile:

Ziggs addresses have a block letter (this is the actual building that you're in) and then a floor number/flat number. Those two terms can be used interchangably because flats are an entire floor of that block (which is why the flat sizes vary... the ones at the top have less bedrooms!). Then you have a room number which is your actual room on that floor.

So an example (which I copied from a UEA guide!) is:
Suffolk Terrace Block B 0409 - This is suffolk terrace, block B, floor 04 (4 below walkway), room 9.

Hope that helps!
Original post by kpwxx
So UEA has an interesting floor system (but it does make sense when you think about it!)

Around the campus there is a concrete walkway. This level is called 0. However, this walkway is above ground level. So, as you move below the walkway level the numbers go 01, 02, 03, and as you move above it the levels go 1, 2, 3.

The ziggs are built on to the floor, and every room has a window looking out roughly towards the lake. So none of the rooms are underground as it's the walkway that's above ground :smile:

Ziggs addresses have a block letter (this is the actual building that you're in) and then a floor number/flat number. Those two terms can be used interchangably because flats are an entire floor of that block (which is why the flat sizes vary... the ones at the top have less bedrooms!). Then you have a room number which is your actual room on that floor.

So an example (which I copied from a UEA guide!) is:
Suffolk Terrace Block B 0409 - This is suffolk terrace, block B, floor 04 (4 below walkway), room 9.

Hope that helps!

Thanks. Do all rooms at Nelson Court also look to the lake?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nelson Court is an n shape. I think the rooms with the best view of the lake will be the 'front' ones along the top of the n. Other rooms with good view of the lake are the front ones along the part that sticks out from the left side of the n. Look on the campus map on the website to see it. I haven't been in any of them though.
If anyone's in the constable terrace facebook group could someone invite me please.
Reply 251
Thanks. Do all rooms at Nelson Court also look to the lake?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Cate1976
Nelson Court is an n shape. I think the rooms with the best view of the lake will be the 'front' ones along the top of the n. Other rooms with good view of the lake are the front ones along the part that sticks out from the left side of the n. Look on the campus map on the website to see it. I haven't been in any of them though.

This!!

My friend was there and he had a nice view of a hill covered in bunnies :bunny2::bunny:

Some of them have a not particularly exciting view of other people's windows, but at least you are one of the closest to the green area/lake out of that section of accommodation.
The rooms in Nelson Court that won't have a great view are the ones on the 'front' of each side of the n shape.
Has anyone here applied for homestay and actually heard anything from UEA? Us international (erasmus) students are getting a bit anxious.

Edit: 3 days later, I finally have accomodation. No homestay, but norfolk terrace :biggrin:
(edited 6 years ago)

Posted from TSR Mobile

To answer my own question for Nelson Court at least, the number refers to a staircase and the letter to your room. Each staircase shares a kitchen. Rooms A & B are on the ground floor. C, D, E, F are on the first floor. G, H, J, K (no room I) are on the 2nd floor. So NC01A is a ground floor room in staircase 01, Nelson Court.
Im in a shared room and have been given b at the end of my room. Does this coordinate with which half of the room you get? And does anyone know which half is the bigger side because when I looked around I remember one side having more space meanwhile the other had a sink.
Anyone looking to swap? I'm in ensuite campus but really can't afford it and would rather be in the village.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending