The Student Room Group

Getting a loan

Hi,
I have already completed a four year BSc course and have had maintenance loan funding for this course. Since finding out I need a specific qualification to pursue a profession- I now need to do another BSc course. Since I have not used a loan for tuition fees before, can I apply for one now?
Original post by Katherina1992
Hi,
I have already completed a four year BSc course and have had maintenance loan funding for this course. Since finding out I need a specific qualification to pursue a profession- I now need to do another BSc course. Since I have not used a loan for tuition fees before, can I apply for one now?

That will depend on the course concerned. Usually the answer will be no - you wont be eligible for either a tuition fee or maintenance loan for a second undergraduate degree.

There are some exceptions though so it depends on your course.
Hi,
Okay thanks. I studied Animal Biology and would like to study Veterinary Nursing.
Out of interest what courses would be the exceptions for this?
I am also interested to understand why you are unable to supply tuition fee loans if I did not use this for my first degree?
Thank you.

Original post by PQ
That will depend on the course concerned. Usually the answer will be no - you wont be eligible for either a tuition fee or maintenance loan for a second undergraduate degree.

There are some exceptions though so it depends on your course.
Hi Katherina1992

Any previous study is counted towards you getting funding, even if you did not take a loan. The Exception courses are:
- Medical Doctor - Dentist - Veterinary Surgeon - Architect - Social Worker - Teaching qualification where student is awarded QTS (more than two years in length eg hons degree courses)
Veterinary science courses are usually exception courses and will be eligible for funding even if you have done a degree already.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending