The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL applicants for 2017 entry

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone know what day move in day is?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by Sarahparkins
Does anyone know what day move in day is?

Generally 23rd september (you can apply for early/late arrival)
Heey, Has anyone applier for the undergraduate bursary and received a confirmation letter? I called student finance (as I am an EU student) and they said the documents were sent to UCL, but I have't really heard anything ever since. :frown: getting pretty worried.
Original post by Kordov
Heey, Has anyone applier for the undergraduate bursary and received a confirmation letter? I called student finance (as I am an EU student) and they said the documents were sent to UCL, but I have't really heard anything ever since. :frown: getting pretty worried.

Which bursary?
Has anyone managed to pre-enrol? I received an email from my department which enclosed a leaflet, encouraging students to complete pre enrolment as soon as possible- however , you can't pre enrol unless you receive a pre-enrolment specific email !! What do I do???????
Original post by SherlockD
Has anyone managed to pre-enrol? I received an email from my department which enclosed a leaflet, encouraging students to complete pre enrolment as soon as possible- however , you can't pre enrol unless you receive a pre-enrolment specific email !! What do I do???????

I already pre enrolled a few days ago but I heard that they do pre enrollment by groups, so that the portal doesn't crash (cause If everyone did it at the same time then it would). Just wait for the email, it'll eventually come.
Original post by Hibiscuso
I already pre enrolled a few days ago but I heard that they do pre enrollment by groups, so that the portal doesn't crash (cause If everyone did it at the same time then it would). Just wait for the email, it'll eventually come.

Where do we go to enrol? I was informed it's the "Gower Street site" ( wtf is that?) . According to the New Students website, the New Students centre is open from Monday-Friday but my enrolment date is a Sunday, the day before we start uni. They don't work on Sundays , do they?
My enrolment time clashes with when I'm meant to be at a meeting for my course!
Reply 3408
Where do we go to enrol? I was informed it's the "Gower Street site" ( wtf is that?) . According to the New Students website, the New Students centre is open from Monday-Friday but my enrolment date is a Sunday, the day before we start uni. They don't work on Sundays , do they?

Enrolment is on Sunday 24th for some people. The Gower St Site refers to the main UCL campus, so any of the buildings within that agglomeration. The location of the student centre will be signposted everywhere, if in doubt just ask a member of the support team. iirc, you enrol in the left wing of the Wilkins building (the iconic UCL building with the portico and dome), and have your ID made for you in the engineering building. Hope this helps
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Kayel
Enrolment is on a Sunday 24th, same for everyone. The Gower St Site refers to the main UCL campus, so any of the buildings within that agglomeration. The location of the student centre will be signposted everywhere, if in doubt just ask a member of the support team. iirc, you enrol in the left wing of the Wilkins building (the iconic UCL building with the portico and dome), and have your ID made for you in the engineering building. Hope this helps

Well mine is on the 25th...
Reply 3410
Original post by timster32
Well mine is on the 25th...

My bad, fixed it.

Enrolment is over a number of days not just one. Mine is on the 25th for chemical engineering. Also, when it says Gower street site it also says next to it in brackets UCL main entrance, north end Gower Street, signposted.
On track it said my start date is the 24th but my enrolment is the 25th (my birthday 😅). Still haven't heard anything from my department tho :/
Will we be given our ID cards during enrolment or will we have to go elsewhere to get this card issued? Bear in mind, we can't enter the library without the card.
Will we be given our ID cards during enrolment or will we have to go elsewhere to get this card issued? Bear in mind, we can't enter the library without the card.

Yeah you get them during enrolment
Hey guys

Just have a question: has anyone received a timetable for freshers next week for neuroscience or any other bioscience?

I've only completed the pre-enrolment online and got an email from one of the lecturers saying that I would get an email soon but this was 2 weeks ago. Just wondering since there's now less than a week left.
Hi from China!

Anyone applied to EdTech or other programs in IOE?

I applied on the 1st of Nov, and sent in another supporting document as required on 16th. Now still waiting for a response...

It's already been 6 working weeks. How long does it usually take for IOE to process applications?
Original post by Tonya.
Hi from China!

Anyone applied to EdTech or other programs in IOE?

I applied on the 1st of Nov, and sent in another supporting document as required on 16th. Now still waiting for a response...

It's already been 6 working weeks. How long does it usually take for IOE to process applications?

Hey, I'm a first year at IOE and do not worry, UCL likes to take their time. We hear back the latest. Do not worry.
Original post by NutellaLatte
Hey, I'm a first year at IOE and do not worry, UCL likes to take their time. We hear back the latest. Do not worry.

Thank you! Although how late are we talking about? Feb? March? :P
Original post by Tonya.
Thank you! Although how late are we talking about? Feb? March? :P

If I remember well, I heard back in Feb or March.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending