The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL applicants for 2017 entry

Scroll to see replies

Click here to join the UCL Applicants & Offer Holders 2017 Facebook group!
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by Grace_Cong1998
You are doing really well!!!
I've finished A-level and am on a gap year:smile: My grades are A*A*A and the requirement is AAA. I think I'll be fine but still worry about my personal statement,lol.

Wow that's amazing well done! I wouldn't worry about my personal statement with grades like that!
Has anyone got an offer for Maths yet?:smile:
Anyone got offer for Economics??? My friend has got offer for biomedical science last night!!!! I start to become worried:frown:
Original post by carol_cheng
Anyone got offer for Economics??? My friend has got offer for biomedical science last night!!!! I start to become worried:frown:

The time will pass, that's what time does :-) economics is over-subscribed and people have until January to apply with equal consideration, so they will have to stagger their offers. Just keep focusing on school :-)
Reply 385
Is anyone else having problems with the UCL portal? I registered my email ages ago, so I've been waiting to be sent my userID, but when I tried again today the website reckoned I'd never activated my email (I did, they'd sent me an email telling me I had).
I think UCL will begin sending offers for Economics/Economics and Statistics/Maths Courses in December.
Original post by mehtj006
I think UCL will begin sending offers for Economics/Economics and Statistics/Maths Courses in December.

Why?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Looking at previous threads, that is the time a high volume of offers came in. What do you think?
I've saw that a few people have Physics offers, which makes me worried.

I haven't heard back from them since the acknowledgement about 4 weeks ago.
Anyone head anything for Economics? I haven't other than request for AS Maths modular grades couple days after I sent my application off.
(edited 7 years ago)
I got an offer for biomedical science! I'm over the moon
Reply 392
Original post by Roxxstar

Msci or Bsc
Which qualifications do you have?!
Congratulations!
Original post by Roxxstar

Congratulations! That's brilliant news. Have you applied for BMS elsewhere; are UCL your first response?
Original post by BioOx
Msci or Bsc
Which qualifications do you have?!
Congratulations!

Thanks! UCL only offers the Bsc degree for this course. I was predicted AAA :smile:
Original post by Fleuves
Congratulations! That's brilliant news. Have you applied for BMS elsewhere; are UCL your first response?

Thank you! Yeah I have. They are my 3rd response so far. Are you applying for biomed too?
Reply 396
Hi,

Currently applying at Kings, UCL, Cambridge, and Exeter for Early Modern History MA program. Does anyone know how quickly they usually get back to you? I got an acceptance to Warwick within a week but then never heard anything else from the others I applied to and I'm a bit worried. Graduated from a relatively small, private school in North Carolina with a 3.75 GPA...good enough for Cambridge?
Original post by Grace_Cong1998
It's so great to see a first year student her! How do you find the lectures? They're very intense in content! The quality of a lecture depends very much on the lecturer, and we have mostly got witty and enthusiastic lecturers. If you like chemistry, this course is for you.

And how many hours of lab works do you need to do in first year?
In the first term of first year, we do 3 biochem and 3 chemistry wet labs. Each lab is between 2 and 3 hours, but you can leave early if you finish before then. You have to attend every lab (or reschedule if you miss) otherwise you get an "incomplete" for your module and could fail it. I can't speak for second and third term because they haven the told us yet 😂

What's the biggest challenges you faced when you first start studying neuroscience course in the uni?
Probably the volume of content and deadlines. We've already done an essay, E-tutorial quiz and MCQ that count toward a our final grades. We have group project at the moment and a chemistry test next week. From what I've heard from second years, it only gets worse from here haha.

I'm applying in the gap year, are ther useful preparations I can do?
Just practice reading about science and keep up with scientific discoveries in the news. There was a video series online from Harvard X about neuroscience, that was so helpful in giving me an idea of some of the things we'd learn about (like the Nernst potential and some terminology like EPSPs that you don't generally use before uni).

Answers in bold. Disclaimer - my views might not necessarily reflect the views of anyone else on my course...
Original post by rosalinedk
Hey! I have a friend who's a first year neuroscience student at UCL :smile: Would you say you know most of the other neuro kids?

Oh that's cool! I've probably seen your friend's face at least 😂
I have spoken to about half of the class because we have the occasional neuroscience get-together. I recognise the majority of people and there are roughly 70 of us...? I think most people have already formed a friendship group, some groups are more well-defined than others. We all seem to get along, everyone seems really nice to be honest.
Just got an offer from UCL for Chemical Engineering MEng :biggrin:
AAA including Maths and Chemistry
Now I got UCL, Birmingham and Warwick's offer in hand.
Imperial and Cambridge to go!

Quite surprised that UCL gave out offers straight away without interviews, on their website they said they would like to meet applicants through an applicant open day first before giving out offers?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending