The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL applicants for 2017 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KHARKU
my friend applied last year for UCL and she had the same predicted grades as me and got an unconditional...

Was she an International applicant?
Sometimes people achieve the entry requirement back in their country and when they come here and apply, universities give them unconditional based on their grades in their own country.
I am pretty certain if you have only done AS Levels and you are planning to take A2, UCL will not give unconditional for their competitive courses.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by robinhood111
What exam board do you do for maths and further maths ?
im just waiting for ucl as well before im 100% making it my firm and surrey as my insurance.
Did you have an interview for manchester ?

I'm with Edexcel for maths/further, u? Yeah UCL will be my firm if they give me an offer. I had the interview at Manchester on Wednesday and got an offer last night for chem eng with industrial experience, so A*AA offer, but I'm going to put them insurance anyway because I know that even if I get AAA, they will probably still let me in as there are alternative routes to transferring onto the industrial year course- I.e getting 60% in the first year.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by z.human.98
applied on 14th october, portico still says "application received" :frown:

PS: Im an international applicant.

Same here. Applied on the 13th, international applicant too.
Original post by z.human.98
applied on 14th october, portico still says "application received" :frown:

PS: Im an international applicant.

Same :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why do UCL only require AAA for physics? This is very low compared to other universities of similar stature such as imperial. The latter asks for A*A*A...
Original post by FriltonMiedman
Same here. Applied on the 13th, international applicant too.

Same here, applied on the 13th and international applicant. And some people have already received offers for my course :frown:
Original post by Samiksi
Same here, applied on the 13th and international applicant. And some people have already received offers for my course :frown:

What course? I'm applying for Econ.
What course? I'm applying for Econ.

Maths. Is UCL your first choice?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Samiksi
Maths. Is UCL your first choice?

Not really, I have applied to Cambridge, LSE (Rejected), Edinburgh and Warwick too.
Not really, I have applied to Cambridge, LSE (Rejected), Edinburgh and Warwick too.

I've applied to Cambridge too! Let's hope the interview will be fine for both of us then. And I wanted to apply to Edinburgh but it's too cold ahahah
Original post by Fbiemad
What grades did you get? What did they want?

Then we are in similar situation. What are you doing this year by the way?

They wanted aaa, and i got A*AB for actuary, and aaa for econ+stat with A in FM and A in maths.

At the moment I'm applying for jobs in accounting and finance, had a few intwrviews, and waiting for replies.

Wbu?
Original post by mehtj006
They wanted aaa, and i got A*AB for actuary, and aaa for econ+stat with A in FM and A in maths.

At the moment I'm applying for jobs in accounting and finance, had a few intwrviews, and waiting for replies.

Wbu?

Is one for LSE and one for UCL?

I am in UK with student visa, so I have to study to be able to stay here. Therefore, I am studying new AS levels.
Original post by Fbiemad
Is one for LSE and one for UCL?

I am in UK with student visa, so I have to study to be able to stay here. Therefore, I am studying new AS levels.

First one is lse second is ucl.
Had an offer for MSci Maths with economics from ucl waiting on lse oxford and durham
Biochemists, anyone heard anything?
Original post by timster32
I'm with Edexcel for maths/further, u? Yeah UCL will be my firm if they give me an offer. I had the interview at Manchester on Wednesday and got an offer last night for chem eng with industrial experience, so A*AA offer, but I'm going to put them insurance anyway because I know that even if I get AAA, they will probably still let me in as there are alternative routes to transferring onto the industrial year course- I.e getting 60% in the first year.

yeah same here edexcel, how you finding fp2/fp3? what other modules are you doing for further maths?
i had an interview for manchester on wednesday too and i got my other 2 days ago.
UCL is AAA as well so wouldnt is be better to put something else as insurance ?
Original post by robinhood111
yeah same here edexcel, how you finding fp2/fp3? what other modules are you doing for further maths?
i had an interview for manchester on wednesday too and i got my other 2 days ago.
UCL is AAA as well so wouldnt is be better to put something else as insurance ?

We've just started fp2 which hasn't been to hard so far. I'm doing d1/d2, m1/m2, fp1/fp2 aswell as c4 for normal maths which I've finished, u? Yeah I know but for UCL, I think I'll get the A*AA offer and besides Nottingham and Edinburgh also offered me AAA so I haven't really got much choice tbh. What group were you in on Wednesday?
Who's gone for Econ with a Year Abroad? Has anyone heard anything? Will offers go out for this at a similar time to other economics offers?
Achieved 5A* 6A's GCSE, A's at AS and predicted 3A*'s at A2 with A in EPQ already at a poor school - should I expect to hear something or is this just not good enough?:/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got an offer for Applied medical science!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending