The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL applicants for 2017 entry

Scroll to see replies

Looool you know my name, didn't know I was that popular. Secondly no one cares if you do a gap year as long as you get into the university you want to go to. Also, I've never applied to oxbridge do ding know if I'd get in.
Got into Warwick and waiting on ucl or lse, so you can't say anything.
What have you done in your life anyway. I've got Internships at pwc, the bank of England, GAM and a private equity firm. What have you done?
I have also applied to ucl to obviously I don't think it's bad. All I'm saying is its not as good as it used to be.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by DarkEnergy
I got into Warwick though - got an offer 3 days after submitting my application. You didn't get into Oxbridge either :wink: LSE don't do my course either so that doesn't bother me haha. UCL ranks much higher than Warwick so not sure where you are getting these "facts" from.

Your inferiority complex is really starting to show, Jay. Funny how you applied to the Strand poly too haha :biggrin:
Aww you had to do a gap year to resit too, how cute.

Looool you know my name, didn't know I was that popular. Secondly no one cares if you do a gap year as long as you get into the university you want to go to. Also, I've never applied to oxbridge do ding know if I'd get in.
What have you done in your life anyway. I've got Internships at pwc, the bank of England, GAM and a private equity firm. What have you done?
I have also applied to ucl to obviously I don't think it's bad. All I'm saying is its not as good as it used to be.
I applied 3 months ago and haven't heard back yet. Should I worry?
Original post by Samiksi

Most applicants are in the same boat as you. They are taking their time and will most likely start giving out offers after the UCAS deadline.
Original post by Samiksi

Nope, UCL seem to be taking their time, I've been waiting since October as well...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mehtj006.320

Don't feel special about me knowing your name :wink: You're still not popular.
I've never applied to Oxbridge either - so interesting choice of insult in your initial response.
And yeah I can say something - you went aggro on me saying I didn't get into Oxbridge/LSE/Warwick, when I got my offers back from Warwick and UCL rapid. Currently on 4/5 offers, with my last uni typically only making offers after the deadline.
What have I done in my life? Not applied to the Strand poly like you. Have fun with your resits though mate :tongue:
(edited 7 years ago)
😂 you know my name so I'm popular in your world. The reason I applied to kings is beside it's on London, no other reason.
And for the resits, I have an unconditional to study A&F at Warwick. The only way I will resit is if I get an offer from LSE.

Also it's come to my attention that if you know me, you must also be on a gap year, otherwise why would you be applying to unis?
I've never applied to Oxbridge either - so interesting choice of insult in your initial response.
And yeah I can say something - you went aggro on me saying I didn't get into Oxbridge/LSE/Warwick, when I got my offers back from Warwick and UCL rapid. Currently on 4/5 offers, with my last uni typically only making offers after the deadline.
What have I done in my life? Not applied to the Strand poly like you. Have fun with your resits though mate :tongue:

😂 you know my name so I'm popular in your world. The reason I applied to kings is beside it's on London, no other reason.
And for the resits, I have an unconditional to study A&F at Warwick. The only way I will resit is if I get an offer from LSE.

Also it's come to my attention that if you know me, you must also be on a gap year, otherwise why would you be applying to unis?
Original post by mehtj006
dont cry mate, facts are facts. UCL isnt as good as it used to be. Schools like Warwick have become waaaay more prestigous. Just because you didnt get into Oxbridge, Warwick, LSE.

UCL gets more people into IB than warwick - it's a sad fact. It's not really Warick's fault, they're like a 50 year old university competing against a near 200 year old one, so they've done a good job in a short time span.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by GradeA*UnderA
UCL gets more people into IB than warwick - it's a sad fact.

You see, the thing is, it actually doesn't.

The enthalpy change of this post is very negative

I don't know you, nor am I on a gap year (not everybody has to resit). Have fun with the Strand poly though :smile:

Just shut up you mug, A&F at warwick is piss easy to get in, shame UCL doesnt offer such a mediocre course. People like you should be lucky because the linear system prevents idiots like you from ever getting into a top uni. Now stop talking bs because you've just wasted another year of your life doing retakes because you failed, and shame on warwick for giving a nonce an offer.
UCL gets more people into IB than warwick - it's a sad fact. It's not really Warick's fault, they're like a 50 year old university competing against a near 200 year old one, so they've done a good job in a short time span.

nah it doesnt get more, the numbers are roughly the same but warwick does get slightly more, they have an immense finance soc.
Got my UCL econ offer (not today though) Choice is between warwick and UCL rn for firm.
You see, the thing is, it actually doesn't.

Did you not see the link I posted to you? Warwick is, because of its location, just less know to international IB employers. They're hard to separate domestically, but if you want global employment, you wouldn't pick Warwick.

It says a lot when the only thing that gets compared between Warwick and UCL is maths/business related jobs/courses - its because that's all that Warwick has - it's a poor man's LSE. It's got all the Chinese kids, just less of the intellect.
Original post by anderall
Got my UCL econ offer (not today though) Choice is between warwick and UCL rn for firm.

Flip a coin
Loooooool here's another b***h that didn't get an unconditional or offer from any unis. First thing he says is Warwick is not a top uni😂😂😭. Then says I didn't get into a top uni even though I'm waiting on LSE. You crack me up.
Look forward to meeting you in the future when you be my PA (personal assistant in case you didn't understand)

Ps.

Facts talk, and UCL is sliding

http://news.efinancialcareers.com/uk-en/218782/the-top-universities-for-the-analyst-class-for-2015-at-goldman-sachs-j-p-morgan-and-morgan-stanley/
Flip a coin

Im leaning towards UCL because it's london + i saw some hot girls when i came for open day so yeah.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending