The Student Room Group

Finding a boyfriend?

I always go to places and think oh i could find a boyfriend here, example i'm going to bestival next week and i'm constantly thinking oh i could meet him there, i generally get a fair bit of attention but i always get sad when the week comes to an end and nothing comes of any of the boys i've spoken to…(this is because i'll meet them and they live in the south and i live in the north etc..)

silly i know, i'm 20, help me with some advice please!!
This'd be my advice for what it's worth.

A lot of guys might not realize that you're into them and that might be a reason that your conversations don't seem to go anywhere. Make it clear that you're interested in them, ask for their number, what's the worst that could happen?
Also try not to worry about not being in a relationship if at the moment if you are doing. I know that can be easier said than done, I do it far too much, but you've got to remember that being single doesn't make you worth any less, or make you any less desirable. It could just mean that you're more selective about the kind of person you choose to be in a relationship with, and that can mean that when you do find someone that relationship's far more likely to last than if you'd just rushed into anything. You will find someone. As long as you're going to places to meet people like festivals, bars, nights out, whatever, you could always meet someone. You could even try online dating if you wanted, that could take some of the pressure off if you didn't feel like talking face to face while you initially got to meet someone.

Hopefully that helps.

I'd say overall basically just stay confident, you'll find someone, believe me. :wink: .

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending