The Student Room Group

Help me choose please! (medicine!)

Hi everyone, I am looking to study medicine and have a slightly alternative yet well-planned route that I need some advice on? I'm just looking for some reassurance basically to confirm that if I give this plan a go...it will work!?

Two years ago, I did 11 GCSEs in a range of subjects achieving nothing lower than a B grade, however close to exam-time, a traumatic experience occurred and so my GCSE results weren't as good as I wanted them to be. Anyway, I went to college to study Philosophy, Biology, Chemistry and English Lit/Lang at AS level and had a very hard time and ended up dropping out for various reasons including the traumatic incident that I hadn't really dealt with and that Chemistry AS absolutely killed me!!

SO...for the past 12 months I have been working, getting experience, etc and am now ready to start my A levels again! I am going to be studying at home and want to do Biology, Philosophy and Psychology - all at A level (and not a fourth AS).

I then want to do a foundation/premedical science year at a university (provided my A level grades are up to scratch!) and then do med school!
Apart from the fact I will be studying for quite a while yet - does this sound okay? Will it work? Has anybody got any similar stories?

Not everyone will agree with this I'm sure, but please, any opinions are much appreciated!

Peace and love,
JMx
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest