The Student Room Group

What would you do if all of a sudden a trauma hit you?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by A.Caster
So basically you will.... wait until all those ugly feelings are gone?

I hate it when I have lots of work to do that require concentration and my mind is just too busy with the present situation.

Well, no. I've never been through anything I would consider actual trauma, and I don't know how I'd react (which I said :tongue: ).

Whenever I've had emotional turbulence in the past I've just powered on through.

Say, for example, I was going through a bad break-up. I wouldn't let it affect my work. What's the point? I'd drop my **** at the door and pick it back up again when I left, otherwise it impacts negatively on my job... and it'd be a really *****y situation to be going through a bad break-up and lose my job within the same timeframe. No sense in facilitating the latter due to the former.
Reply 21
Original post by john2054
Severe head injury. read up about it. for one thing I don't breathe right. also I now have schizophrenia

Oh I see. So what are you doing now? I mean tbh I cannot figure out how is life to someone with schizophrenia. I don't mean to be offensive or anything at all, really. I'm sorry I'm asking cause I don't know and if you don't mind telling a little bit about your life now I will be listening :smile:
Reply 22
Original post by Drunk Punx
Well, no. I've never been through anything I would consider actual trauma, and I don't know how I'd react (which I said :tongue: ).

Whenever I've had emotional turbulence in the past I've just powered on through.

Say, for example, I was going through a bad break-up. I wouldn't let it affect my work. What's the point? I'd drop my **** at the door and pick it back up again when I left, otherwise it impacts negatively on my job... and it'd be a really *****y situation to be going through a bad break-up and lose my job within the same timeframe. No sense in facilitating the latter due to the former.

That requires rationality. I still can go on with everything I have to do but I'm not really into anything. I just feel empty and lack of energy. Hard to describe the feeling. You may also wanna know that I'm living away from my homeland, at the middle region of Vietnam and it's soon going to be the rainy season here. It will be pouring for a good number of weeks almost continuously. I spent exactly the same period of time of a year with him here. We made it through the winter, living on selling vegan sandwiches and stayed for the national Tet holiday. It's a big deal cause according to the culture of the north of Vietnam (I'm from Hanoi) we are just always supposed to come back to our family at Tet. You know what I mean?

He's leaving tomorrow. No idea of whether he'll be back and if yes when...
Original post by A.Caster
Oh I see. So what are you doing now? I mean tbh I cannot figure out how is life to someone with schizophrenia. I don't mean to be offensive or anything at all, really. I'm sorry I'm asking cause I don't know and if you don't mind telling a little bit about your life now I will be listening :smile:

I'm alright thanks. It's only a label anyway. I try not to think about it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending