The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 1
I'm sorry to be blunt, but the system's absolutely rubbish. On the other hand, I'd hesitate to point the blame at it in this situation - it's most likely far too early to be enrolling for classes, and you'll have to do the registration for a computer account and email address either at a cluster, or through the account manager on the IT webpage, once you've completed academic and financial registration (you have to be on the system, and to have your ID number) :smile:
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Actually the system should be working.

"Pre-Registration on the Student Self Service System 2007-2008
Pre-registration forms were completed and submitted to the Undergraduate Office in May 2007.

However, to fully complete the pre-registration process you must pre-register your choices online - on the Student Self Service System, which is accessible from 16 July 2007."

You might be right with the e-mail though. Registration can be done online but probably after compliting pre-registration... I didn't think that far :smile:

"IT Signup for students off campus
Students who are off campus can do their IT Sign Up via the IT Account Manager website: www.manchester.ac.uk/itservices/itaccountmanager"
hmmm, that should work. thats how i did mine. but i didnt do it til the end of aug after we got our a-level results
Reply 4
Ellsbells3032
hmmm, that should work. thats how i did mine. but i didnt do it til the end of aug after we got our a-level results

I have an unconditional offer so I don't need to wait for my results. That's why I figured out that it should be working but apparently I was wrong. Got traumatized at high school were they had a similar system and when the first term started I wasn't on their database and had a hard time explaining that I'm really going there. It took days and weeks that everything started working. This time that's not going to happen :biggrin:
Reply 5
I'm unconditional too and I want to register and stuff, I've got my accommodation and stuff and sent off the passport photos so will I get my student card with my Id number on soon?
in the end i phoned them up to help compete my registration last year because the online system is so poor
Reply 7
I think the pre registration courses is just for existing student.

I didn't get my manchester username and password and all the rest of it until I was actually at uni last year
The pre registration etc I'm pretty sure is for returning students - like last year, they seem to be having some problems with it, but I really really doubt they'll have set up the self service for new first years yet.

Latest

Trending

Trending