The Student Room Group

How to be friends with lots of people?

So im starting at a sixth form and ive made two friends however i want to have lots of friends but i dont know how to do it as i dont want to ditch my current friends and be like im having lunch with some other people and just leave them! Thanks
Original post by sophiahello
So im starting at a sixth form and ive made two friends however i want to have lots of friends but i dont know how to do it as i dont want to ditch my current friends and be like im having lunch with some other people and just leave them! Thanks

It can be tough and I have failed hard by trying to be friends with a lot of people.

Probably best to have 10 friends rather than 50 fake - if you know what I mean
It's not that difficult making many friends at sixth form, because I did and I am very shy.
But what I will say is this:
Sixth form in only two years so you are wasting your time if you concentrate on making a lot of friends. it's best to keep your circle small, preferably with people in your classes so you can help each other out. Btw, you are NOT going to keep all your friends when you go to uni, trust me. I made like around 10 friends at sixth form but left with 3, lol.
Reply 3
Original post by sophiahello

Something essential I've realised people with lots friend have is that they:
>know how to make and maintain a conversation with people of different personality
>always have something to talk about to people (if not, they just talk about a random subject)
Quality not quantity my friend
Original post by kkboyk
Something essential I've realised people with lots friend have is that they:
>know how to make and maintain a conversation with people of different personality
>always have something to talk about to people (if not, they just talk about a random subject)

Can confirm.

Also:
- are empathetic/can see where people come from

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending