The Student Room Group

UEA A100 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Not_a_horse
Hi guys, does anyone know whether they ask you questions on your personal statement in the interview?

hi really sorry but UEA dont disclose what their questions are :smile:
Hi guys, does anyone know whether they ask you questions on your personal statement in the interview?

Whether they do or don't, it's your personal statement and you wrote it so you should know it inside out really well regardless :smile:
Original post by Mrs House
Whether they do or don't, it's your personal statement and you wrote it so you should know it inside out really well regardless :smile:

Thanks just asking because when talking about work exerience etc. I don't want to sound like I'm repeating my personal statement.
Hey there, I'm in Year 12. I was wondering if you could share some of the reasons you chose to apply to UAE Medical School compared to the rest. I would also appreciate it if you could share some ideas for extra curricular activities to do to enhance my personal statement when the times comes to write it. Thanks!
Original post by MedGK
Hey there, I'm in Year 12. I was wondering if you could share some of the reasons you chose to apply to UAE Medical School compared to the rest. I would also appreciate it if you could share some ideas for extra curricular activities to do to enhance my personal statement when the times comes to write it. Thanks!

i applied based on where i thought i could realistically get an interview. look at the diff aspects of your application: gcse's, UKCAT, predicted grades, & personal statement. Research diff med schools selection criteria and apply based on your strengths x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MedApp2017
2 days before would be incredibly inconvenient surely... There are applicants from all over the country.
Good way to weed out who really wants a place!
Original post by MedGK
Hey there, I'm in Year 12. I was wondering if you could share some of the reasons you chose to apply to UAE Medical School compared to the rest.

The obvious starting point to support choosing UEA would be we're a UK Top 15 university with consistently high levels of student satisfaction ever since the National Student Survey began a decade ago. We're a highly respected medical school, we came second for Medicine out of all of the English mainstream university for satisfaction in our department. Furthermore, more graduates say they feel prepared for work (Junior Doctors) than at any other UK undergraduate Medical School (GMC 2016).

We have great links on the Norwich Research Park with other health and science institutions and it's expanding all of the time. We have the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, for instance, on our doorstep. We also have award-winning buildings for you to work in (the Bob Champion Research Education Building opposite the hospital) and with bus links back to the heart of campus. You'll be applying theory to real patients, with clinical placements from the first year of your studies. Most of our teaching in both the University and placements also takes place in small groups of around 10 students, so you'll be highly supported every step of the way.

Norwich is a beautiful city with something for everyone in our county. A campus community (rated the best in a recent Times Higher Education poll) with a great shopping destination a quick bus or cycle ride away, the coast half an hour away, and London just two hours by train. We've got an actual art gallery on campus (The Sainsbury Centre for Visual Arts), a music venue (the Student Union LCR), and one of the country's largest university Sportsparks. We're also considered a safe city, the cost of living is reasonably low compared to bigger cities (eg private accommodation and campus accommodation), and there's a lot going on here, all which goes some way to explaining the high level of student satisfaction.

You'll probably glean more from the UEA sub-forum on The Student Room by asking our students, but hopefully that gives you a flavour, and do let us know if you have more questions :smile:

[video="youtube;S6em8dLWsOo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6em8dLWsOo[/video]
Had my interview today, it's a very nice experience actually, not too stressful at all. Although I had one interviewer who kept a very straight face and looked unimpressed but oh well, good luck to everyone else!
Reply 588
Original post by MedGK

Hey, I applied here after speaking to current medics, and they spoke highly of the course content, structure and ways of learning. Then going to see the uni for the first time, I really loved the campus atmosphere and facilities :h:
Great, Thanks!
Hey TSR,
I had my interview at UEA for the A100 course as a graduate and everyone there was so nice. One of the reasons why I applied to Norwich was due to the PBL course and the helpful admissions team. Good luck in March!
I appear to have lost the sheet they gave us after the interview :/ would someone be able to tell me the offer holders date and the date(s) they plan on giving out interviews, if they have told us the date :smile: It feels so long ago since my interview, but so close to the final decision :biggrin:
Original post by mouse5dudley
I appear to have lost the sheet they gave us after the interview :/ would someone be able to tell me the offer holders date and the date(s) they plan on giving out interviews, if they have told us the date :smile: It feels so long ago since my interview, but so close to the final decision :biggrin:

The offer holders day is on Saturday 18th March, they didn't tell us the exact date we'll receive a reply (it will be before the 18th) as they still are interviewing people.
BTW how did your interview go?
The offer holders day is on Saturday 18th March, they didn't tell us the exact date we'll receive a reply (it will be before the 18th) as they still are interviewing people.
BTW how did your interview go?

Ahh great! I didn't realise they were still interviewing so I was hoping it might've been earlier than March, the wait goes on...
I felt it went slightly better than my others but mine was in December so I've kinda forgotten most of the details now!! How about you?
Original post by mouse5dudley
Ahh great! I didn't realise they were still interviewing so I was hoping it might've been earlier than March, the wait goes on...
I felt it went slightly better than my others but mine was in December so I've kinda forgotten most of the details now!! How about you?

If I'm not mistaken, I believe they have the last batch of interviews through this week... Maybe next week?
Does anyone know when offers usually come in relation to the applicants day? I'd assume they have to give people enough time to make travel plans.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 595
Original post by PeepLeal
If I'm not mistaken, I believe they have the last batch of interviews through this week... Maybe next week?
Does anyone know when offers usually come in relation to the applicants day? I'd assume they have to give people enough time to make travel plans.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not necessarily.
As far as I'm aware, they were giving out offers until the day before the applicant day last year. They didn't actually get all of them out until after the applicant day, so they had to arrange a mini-day for these people who got offers afterwards.
Don't expect that you'll hear before the 18th, as it may not happen.
I'm getting more and more nervous as it gets closer to hearing back from them on a decision 😭😭😭
Shouldn't be too long now... Maybe this week?
Can't believe it's almost march already! good luck guys, not long to wait now :biggrin:
Original post by qazymodo
pretty sure im going to get rejected because low ukcat (667) + imo kinda bad interview..
ANYWAYYY I'm still curious about uea offers & slightly hopeful. Just so we can compare etc when offers come out you guys could maybe answer:

1. your UKCAT score
2. when you had your interview/how it went
3. when/how you got offer (what time/email or track?)
4. Do you plan to put UEA as firm or insurance & do you have any other offers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good idea! 667 is a very good score don't be worried.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending