The Student Room Group

confused about as level reforms please help!?

Hi there,

I just found out my art as level/ a level is now on the new specification from this year onwards, which means I will be doing it. However, I initially wanted to drop art in year 12, but if I were to do so now, would that mean I would have no As level in it and no UCAS points? Thank you!
As long as you are entered into the AS exams then you will receive an AS in the subject. Its only if you carry on the subject to Year 13 then your AS grade become useless
Reply 2
Original post by HopelessMedic
As long as you are entered into the AS exams then you will receive an AS in the subject. Its only if you carry on the subject to Year 13 then your AS grade become useless

My teacher said we don't sit an exam in year 12 which I don't understand because I thought you would have to ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
It depends on the college as to whether you sit the exam or not. If you did, then you get 40% I think of whatever grade you get

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by literaturista
It depends on the college as to whether you sit the exam or not. If you did, then you get 40% I think of whatever grade you get

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think I am sitting the exam so does that mean I get nothing then?
Original post by leopard923
I don't think I am sitting the exam so does that mean I get nothing then?

If you don't sit an external exam before you drop a subject then yes you get no official grade
Reply 6
Original post by HopelessMedic
If you don't sit an external exam before you drop a subject then yes you get no official grade

Ok thank you:redface:

Quick Reply

Latest